Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
So you are good settling with Rienzo/Paulino??? I would rather sign a vet

2014 is the kind of season where you roll with a few question marks to see what you've got. You can always invest later, but there are only certain times where you can try to see if lightning strikes for you.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
Quick scouting report from 2012 (at that point listed as a 4th outfielder ceiling):

Relative Risk: Low. Big league ready with very good approach and grinder mentality.

you had me at "grindy". I like this trade a lot. Very good cost controlled player for a while and fills a nice slot. Eaton was one of the DBags better specs a few years back and had him slotted to open in CF last year...but can be moved all over.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Gammons said this guy was a ROY lock before his injury last year. Sox were looking for a CF'er and got him. Now 3B and C.

I still dont think they are going to do anything with Catcher, I think two more vet bats in the MI and maybe 3B

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
I still dont think they are going to do anything with Catcher, I think two more vet bats in the MI and maybe 3B

Seems like a lot of loading up in the MI unless there are more trades to come

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
I'm fine with the Santiago for Eaton idea but what I'm not fine with is management's idea that this is our big move. (KW said this will definitely excite fans)

Maybe he meant exciting as in something is happening, not that it was huge move. In fact I believe he corrected someone when they said a big move was coming, to say it was exciting, not big.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
I'm fine with the Santiago for Eaton idea but what I'm not fine with is management's idea that this is our big move. (KW said this will definitely excite fans)

Agreed with the poster above, you were our big move. Eaton is a complementary piece on a good team and a good building block for this teams future. I think moving forward with Abreu, Garcia, and Eaton at the top of our lineup is something to be very excited about as a Sox fan.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m

#whitesox also give up player to be named or cash considerations in addition to Santiago.

Maybe Hahn knows something we don't about Eaton, because we sure paid a hell of a price for him IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
B>W and I were on the Santiago bandwagon even before the season started :)

Yep. I have to say I'm happy for Santiago himself that he is out of the Sox organization as I'm sure he secretly is. Coolest athlete ever who certainly better than the Sox. But I'm selfish and wanted him here.