Alejandro De Aza's value

witesoxfan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:13 PM)
Why is this? He's just as good as these guys getting 2 year, 10 million dollar dealI'm wr

Honestly fathom do you trust Hahn to get value for De Aza? I see us trading him for some low level pitcher with an ERA of 5 but has a "live arm". I hope I'm wrong on that but I would rather just keep him at that point.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
Honestly fathom do you trust Hahn to get value for De Aza? I see us trading him for some low level pitcher with an ERA of 5 but has a "live arm". I hope I'm wrong on that but I would rather just keep him at that point.

You are really bitter about this deal.

Hahn has gotten good to great value in all of his trades so far.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
You are really bitter about this deal.

Hahn has gotten good to great value in all of his trades so far.

Hahn has been doing some damn fine work if you ask me. Really nice change of pace from KW.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
I read yesterday the Mets are looking for a SS, some kinda trade involving Ramirez for Murphy could make sense. Just a thought.

Edit:

How about ADA and Gillespie for Murphey?

Why would they want Gillaspie?

Trading Ramirez for Murphy really doesn't make sense either. They have no need to spend a lot on a SS unless it's a significant upgrade due to the presence of Ruben Tejada, and the Sox don't have an adequate replacement for Ramirez at SS, unless you want to see Leury Garcia play there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)

Trading Ramirez for Murphy really doesn't make sense either. They have no need to spend a lot on a SS unless it's a significant upgrade due to the presence of Ruben Tejada, and the Sox don't have an adequate replacement for Ramirez at SS, unless you want to see Leury Garcia play there.

I don't advocate this for opening day 2014, but...Marcus Semien is clearly that player

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
I don't advocate this for opening day 2014, but...Marcus Semien is clearly that player

I didn't see many of the games, but did he show sufficient range on any of the plays you saw of him at the end of the year? I know he's played a lot and prefers to play SS, but you have to be able to cover a ton of ground.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Giants need an outfielder.

Do they have a catcher?

From the looks of it, the back up Hector Sanchez looks pretty good.

Young, switching hitting catcher whos blocked by Buster.

Anyone know anything else about him?

On the surface he looks like a solid add

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)

As I said I read an article yesterday saying the mets could be in the market. I just now read an article written an hour ago stating they would go with Tejada so you are correct. As for Gillespie, bad idea there as I somehow forgot about David wright.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
I didn't see many of the games, but did he show sufficient range on any of the plays you saw of him at the end of the year? I know he's played a lot and prefers to play SS, but you have to be able to cover a ton of ground.

I haven't seen any evaluators go out on a limb to defend his defense at SS, but I haven't seen anything overly critical either - most just refer to him as an average defender. I watched maybe 15-20 games of his on MiLB.tv and I actually thought he looked excellent at SS. Range is difficult to evaluate on TV, but I think he'll be sufficient as a defender.

1. I like Daniel Murphy but 2B is probably our deepest position from an organizational depth perspective: Beckham, Semein, Garcia, Sanchez can all play that position.

2. I don't know why everyone wants to trade De Aza. I think putting him in LF would improve our defense, putting him in the two whole would improve the top of our lineup. Plus he can drive in runs.

Unless it's a no brainer trade, I'm keeping De Aza and Viciedo.

QUOTE (striker @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 08:40 AM)
1. I like Daniel Murphy but 2B is probably our deepest position from an organizational depth perspective: Beckham, Semein, Garcia, Sanchez can all play that position.

2. I don't know why everyone wants to trade De Aza. I think putting him in LF would improve our defense, putting him in the two whole would improve the top of our lineup. Plus he can drive in runs.

Unless it's a no brainer trade, I'm keeping De Aza and Viciedo.

Where does Viciedo play if you're starting De Aza in LF? I'm not a big Dayan fan, but he has the potential to be a part of the future of this franchise. De Aza on the other hand isn't a part of the future because of his age and contract. Can't take away AB's from Viciedo at this point. Especially since this could/should be his make or break year with the tam.