2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
When it opened on Taylor st I ordered a s*** load the first night. Love that garlic sauce.

10 years ago I loved it...I feel like it seems vastly greasier these days. Then again i could have just grown up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
10 years ago I loved it...I feel like it seems vastly greasier these days. Then again i could have just grown up.

It's still s*** but it's like KFC or Taco Bell where sometimes you just have a guilty taste for it, usually hungover as hell.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
It's at least a bit unique in flavor comparatively. Plus the cheese sticks and garlic sauce, man. It's not all that bad.

As Chicagoans we are super spoiled. Just travel to another city and try their best pizza, it's probably trash.

I can co-sign this. Not probably, it is.

Originally from Chicago and in California now and the pizza is terrible. LUCKILY there's a Chicago pizza place I've found in Orange County that would survive even downtown.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
I can co-sign this. Not probably, it is.

Originally from Chicago and in California now and the pizza is terrible. LUCKILY there's a Chicago pizza place I've found in Orange County that would survive even downtown.

Those places are the best. My brother worked at one in Sacramento that was on point.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
California Pizza Kitchen was one of the worst pizzas I have had. I was so disappointed after we left there

They're chicken pizza with white sauce isn't too bad.

You definitely don't go in there looking for a traditional pizza, or you'll have a bad time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
They're chicken pizza with white sauce isn't too bad.

You definitely don't go in there looking for a traditional pizza, or you'll have a bad time.

I didn't, we got a white pizza and Hawaiian pizza, and both were just bad.

I am all about trying all kinds of different pizzas, but bad is bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
California Pizza Kitchen was one of the worst pizzas I have had. I was so disappointed after we left there

I know this is "anti-Chicago", but I'm a fan of CPK. Obviously it's completely different than a normal pizza, but I still find it tasty. The BBQ chicken pizza is aweosme.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
I know this is "anti-Chicago", but I'm a fan of CPK. Obviously it's completely different than a normal pizza, but I still find it tasty. The BBQ chicken pizza is aweosme.

I just like good pizza, chicago has nothing to do with it. TBH, i really dont care for deep dish. I will eat it once in a while, but I dont crave it and trumpet it as the best thing in the history of ever.

Brian and Rowand know my type of pizza, it is quatros in carbondale. Although i am pretty sure both of them like Paglaiis or Italian Village. Except Rowand, who prefers s*** on a shingle.

And i say that with nothing but respect, Rowand. :P

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
I'll never understand why (non-drunk) people at national chain pizza places. I'd rather have a DiGiornos pizza than Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc.

Agreed.

The trend I really don't/didn't understand was the pizza chain where you pick up a pre-made pizza and then take it home to cook it. Same price as a normal pizza, but you have to do 50% of the work. What sense does that make?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
I'll never understand why (non-drunk) people at national chain pizza places. I'd rather have a DiGiornos pizza than Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc.

Sober people college used to order pizza from Gumby's. WTF? Pokey sticks or nothing from that craphole.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
Agreed.

The trend I really don't/didn't understand was the pizza chain where you pick up a pre-made pizza and then take it home to cook it. Same price as a normal pizza, but you have to do 50% of the work. What sense does that make?

Homemade pizza went out of business.

And DiGiornos is crap, probably the worst pizza in the frozen section.