2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 28, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
You laugh.... until a giant lizard plows through Chicago.

Good point.

CHEF was really great. Recommend it if you need a break from monsters and superheroes.

So if the original director of a movie is brought back on to direct a reboot of the same movie, is it really a reboot?

Roland Emmerich just signed on to direct the reboot of Stargate

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 30, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
So if the original director of a movie is brought back on to direct a reboot of the same movie, is it really a reboot?

Roland Emmerich just signed on to direct the reboot of Stargate

This makes me very excited

Edge of Tomorrow really good.

A lot like the movies Deja Vu, Groundhog Day, Source Code and Memento jumbled together.

Emily Blunt is a revelation as an action star. Cruise puts in his standard, earnest/workmanlike performance. Good summer popcorn flick, drags a bit in the middle but then picks up steam the last 30 minutes again.

Doug Liman's a high quality director, IMO.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Edge of Tomorrow really good.

A lot like the movies Deja Vu, Groundhog Day, Source Code and Memento jumbled together.

Emily Blunt is a revelation as an action star. Cruise puts in his standard, earnest/workmanlike performance. Good summer popcorn flick, drags a bit in the middle but then picks up steam the last 30 minutes again.

Doug Liman's a high quality director, IMO.

It was the best movie I've seen in quite a while, IMO. All that's left to do now is wait for Jenks to say how much he hated it haha.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
It was the best movie I've seen in quite a while, IMO. All that's left to do now is wait for Jenks to say how much he hated it haha.

Some are comparing it to Aliens as well.

The thing that's amazing to me is that Oblivion actually had a better debut, and that movie was so-so at best. (Surely word of mouth will carry Edge of Tomorrow to better results until Transformers wipes out all the competition).

And you can't even discuss Olga Kurylenko and Emily Blunt in the same sentence in terms of acting ability...modeling, the Ukrainian gets the slight advantage.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/edge-of-...mil-1201215924/

"Disappointing" $29.1 million in the US, but it has made $140 million already including internationally...China almost beat the US box office, with an impressive $25 million (the only times I can remember that happening before were Pacific Rim, Titanic 3D and maybe Cloud Atlas).

The only competition it will have here is Godzilla opening next weekend, then Transformers the 27th.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Good point.

CHEF was really great. Recommend it if you need a break from monsters and superheroes.

Saw Chef over the weekend. Completely agree. It was a great film. Favreau does a nice job of casting Sophia Vergera and Scarlett Johansson as his love interests as well. Good man.

saw 2 great movies which I recommend....

Maleficent

The Fault in Our Stars

bring your tissues with for this movie. great love / tearjerker of a movie. almost everyone was

trying to hide their tears after the movie ending. Oscar movie.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)

Maleficent

The Fault in Our Stars

bring your tissues with for this movie. great love / tearjerker of a movie. almost everyone was

Went with my girlfriend. I surprisingly liked the movie but I did not cry.. I was told I don't have a heart..

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 02:27 AM)
Went with my girlfriend. I surprisingly liked the movie but I did not cry.. I was told I don't have a heart..

:lol:

I hate to admit but the second movie almost got to me..... made me think of all of those whom I lost.

both, actor and actress were in movie just this spring.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)

Maleficent

The Fault in Our Stars

It was decent. It got really predictable at points in exactly how it tried to differ from the existing story.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)

I am excited to see it. Not sure if I'll be able to in the theaters though.