2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
The actor that played Jean-Baptiste wanted out of the show early(didn't like the screen time he was getting or something)...but they had plans for him later in the season. The writers actually fell an episode story short because of this, so Yost had to create a quick story for Raylan to plod through to catch up to next weeks episode. Ava's and Boyd's stories were still pretty decent, and Raylans was aight.

Yeah Ava's and Boyd's were solid. It was just Raylan's that kinda bored me.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
So for those still watching HIMYM, the obvious implication of last night's episode is that the mother is dead at the time Ted is telling his kids about how he met her right? That just makes the entire premise of the show so freaking strange.

Yeah, I just finally watched it last night. That turns the whole light hearted fun series into a much more morbid and somber feeling. I am not sure that I am a fan of that. It kind of ruins the show for me.

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
The actor that played Jean-Baptiste wanted out of the show early(didn't like the screen time he was getting or something)...but they had plans for him later in the season. The writers actually fell an episode story short because of this, so Yost had to create a quick story for Raylan to plod through to catch up to next weeks episode. Ava's and Boyd's stories were still pretty decent, and Raylans was aight.

Thanks for the insight. The show had more of a patchwork feel than the rest of the season, but still passable. I was hoping for more from the Jean-Baptiste character. Danny Crowe can't survive the season either, I don't think.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
It wasn't just that part, it was also the mother saying something to the effect that she didn't want Ted to only live in his stories and that life moves forward.

And the part where they said sometimes in tough moments, it's best the truth goes unspoken. which if true, is definitely a weird way to end the show.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 03:35 AM)
Bummed at the results or bummed that it is over

Bummed at the results.

I thought it was entertaining, but at the 40 minute mark I knew what that it was going to be wrapped up with just the two of them and became annoyed. They didn't require the viewer spend the time and energy of figuring out the grander scheme of things, and I'm fine that not all was explicitly wrapped up, but that it just kind of fell on one, super creepy, serial killer, seems kind of beneath how much the show was able to accomplish.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Bummed at the results.

I thought it was entertaining, but at the 40 minute mark I knew what that it was going to be wrapped up with just the two of them and became annoyed. They didn't require the viewer spend the time and energy of figuring out the grander scheme of things, and I'm fine that not all was explicitly wrapped up, but that it just kind of fell on one, super creepy, serial killer, seems kind of beneath how much the show was able to accomplish.

I see what you mean. It was a solid finale, but didn't quite deliver as much as the rest of the season had led up to.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
Bummed at the results.

Basically, they did a good job fooling you and it didn't meet the demands of what you wanted it to be? I thought it was brilliant in that regard.

Cosmos was pretty awesome. We told the kids they had to watch it with us, and at first they argued. Ten minutes in they were sold and were asking a ton of questions. This is a show that every kid needs to watch.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 05:01 AM)
Cosmos was pretty awesome. We told the kids they had to watch it with us, and at first they argued. Ten minutes in they were sold and were asking a ton of questions. This is a show that every kid needs to watch.

ya it was good. don't know if it will hold my attention for 13 eps tho.

I want another season with Harrelson and McConaughey as they just live with each other and bicker.

The finale was pretty much what I expected.

Thought maybe they'd both die in that hole since it's an anthology series but fine with them not.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 07:30 AM)
Shameless is back to getting on track a little.

Lip finally met the cutest girl he's going to date so far...if the roommate's g/f can't keep his attention with "midnight" bj's.

I thought Shameless last night was hilarious. Every scene with Mickey or Kevin has been golden this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 05:23 AM)
I want another season with Harrelson and McConaughey as they just live with each other and bicker.

The finale was pretty much what I expected.

Thought maybe they'd both die in that hole since it's an anthology series but fine with them not.

ya, their relationship was great.

thought all the other stuff turned out to be pretty formulaic. It was apropos that they ended the show talking about the big bang theory the night the Cosmos premiered.

I guess season 2 is supposed to have a female lead.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
ya, their relationship was great.

thought all the other stuff turned out to be pretty formulaic. It was apropos that they ended the show talking about the big bang theory the night the Cosmos premiered.

I guess season 2 is supposed to have a female lead.

The show was incredibly well acted and I enjoyed it but as a character study it isn't particularly compelling. Marty is basically as cliche of a character as there is. A cop who cheats on his wife and isn't there for his family? That's never been done before. I just don't find him interesting as a character although Harrelson did a great job in that role.