It's cold outside

Rowand44

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
I find it to be highly inaccurate, but maybe you'll have better luck. I actually just searched it two weeks ago when there was reports of flooding. It said the following week would be chilly, but then 40's and 50's average afterwards. That never happened.

Yeah that's silly. I had a bachelor party in late march last year and kept checking historical temp and precipitation. It turned out to be right on the money which was pretty cool. That website made march in chicago seem amazing. To me I don't expect 60s consistently until May. 45 and rainy until May.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 03:15 PM)
I find it to be highly inaccurate, but maybe you'll have better luck. I actually just searched it two weeks ago when there was reports of flooding. It said the following week would be chilly, but then 40's and 50's average afterwards. That never happened.

I don't think anyone can really forecast more than 10 days out with current models. Anything beyond that is going to mainly be based on historic averages with some influence from the next 10 days, e.g. Day 11 might be 80% historical average, 20% what Day 10 was.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
41 degrees out b****es!!!

Maybe this weekend I will finally take my Christmas decorations down. Either they have been fully covered in snow, or it's been raining or too cold.

The day before the first big snow (around the beginning of Jan.) I put my Christmas tree out in the yard to be picked up. It is currently a snow pile still in my front yard. Hopefully the snow will melt and somebody will still pick it up.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
The day before the first big snow (around the beginning of Jan.) I put my Christmas tree out in the yard to be picked up. It is currently a snow pile still in my front yard. Hopefully the snow will melt and somebody will still pick it up.

Our first big snow was the day before Thanksgiving.

It's still here. Never melted.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 8, 2014 -> 08:08 AM)
Our first big snow was the day before Thanksgiving.

It's still here. Never melted.

Should have specified, the first snow big enough to cover the tree (with the snow plow throwing it into the yard).

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)

We have a specific week where the village picks up our Christmas trees, so I placed it on top of 2 feet of snow and it was picked up.

We lined our front walkway with 12-inch high lighted candy canes. At this point 75% of them are visible, but there were times over the last 2 months I forgot they were out there.