LF DeAza

RF Garcia

1B Abreu

DH Viciedo

2B Beckham

SS Alexei

3B Davidson

C Whatever

If Nieto makes it & can make enough contact I wouldn't mind seeing Nieto/Gillaspie (when he plays) work in the #2 slot. Main reason being is that I don't see any of our future core pieces that are currently in the lineup as being prototypical #2 hitters, and to increase trade value I'd like Beckham, DeAza, and Alexei hitting in spots where they could look to drive in runners.

As things stand, best 2015 lineup:

CF Eaton

2B Semien

RF Garcia

1B Abreu

DH Viciedo

3B Davidson

C Nieto

SS Leury

LF Johnson (really pushing it here)

Not a lot of power there though. And if Beckham FINALLY comes though (how long have we been saying this?) then things change considerably. And man would Castro look GREAT in there somewhere.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:32 AM)
If the season started today..

C Whatever

1B Abreu

DH Viciedo

2B Beckham

3B Davidson

SS Alexei

LF DeAza

CF Eaton

RF Avisail

1st bench option Gillaspie

CF Eaton

LF DeAza

RF Garcia

1B Abreu

DH Viciedo

2B Beckham

SS Alexei

3B Davidson

C Whatever

If Nieto makes it & can make enough contact I wouldn't mind seeing Nieto/Gillaspie (when he plays) work in the #2 slot. Main reason being is that I don't see any of our future core pieces that are currently in the lineup as being prototypical #2 hitters, and to increase trade value I'd like Beckham, DeAza, and Alexei hitting in spots where they could look to drive in runners.

That lineup might lose 100 games

As the team sits now.

1- Eaton CF

2- Ramirez SS

3- A.Garcia RF

4- Dunn DH

5- Abreu 1B

6- Tank LF

7- Gillespie/ Kepp platoon 3B

8- Flowers C

9- Beckham 2B

The bench is Paulie, Keppinger, Nieto and ADA assuming we have a 4 man bench. This leaves Davidson, Phegley and Leury at AAA waiting for a callup. Hopefully Beckham, Gillespie and Keppinger hit well enough to be traded at the deadline to open up 3rd for Davidson and 2nd for one of Sanchez, Leury or Semien.

Edited by StRoostifer

I know we don't have that many choices, but I just do t think its ideal for Avi to have him starting the season in the 3 hole. That's a lot of pressure on a very young kid. Ideally, you'd like to have him in the 5 hole. Unfortunately, we just don't have many other options. We could put Abreu in the 3-hole, but he's also going to need time to adjust to the league. I still think by mid season that we're going to have a strong 3-4-5 in Abreu-Dunn-Avi

I think the season starts out something like this. De Aza gets traded to the reds for something like OF Jesse Winker and LHP Amir Garrett; a solid B / B+ prospect and a lottery pick for two years of De Aza whom should produce 4.5-5 WAR over the next two years while not costing a draft pick and more importantly draft pool money and possibly netting them a pick when he files for free agency.

DH - Dunn

C - Flowers

1B - Abreu

2B - Beckham

SS - Ramirez

3B - Gillaspie

LF - Viciedo

CF - Eaton

RF - Garcia

C - Nieto

UT - Keppinger

OF - Danks

1B - Konerko

Davidson, Semien, Phegley and Leury all wind up at AAA till injury or some moves are made at the deadline.

After the deadline

DH - Viciedo

C - Phegley

1B - Abreu

2B - Semien

SS - Sanchez

3B - Davidson

LF - Eaton

CF - Thompson (predicting a break out this year!)

RF - Garcia

C - Nieto

UT - Garcia

UT - Gillaspie

OF - Danks

Konerko either breaks down or is performing well in a platoon, a playoff team offers him an opportunity on their bench ala Thome with the dodgers.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
I know we don't have that many choices, but I just do t think its ideal for Avi to have him starting the season in the 3 hole. That's a lot of pressure on a very young kid. Ideally, you'd like to have him in the 5 hole. Unfortunately, we just don't have many other options. We could put Abreu in the 3-hole, but he's also going to need time to adjust to the league. I still think by mid season that we're going to have a strong 3-4-5 in Abreu-Dunn-Avi

On a competitive team I would agree but as of right now the Sox aren't expected to be competitive so there's really no pressure on Avi. If he struggles in the 3 hole then slide him down in the order. I just like his ability to hit to all fields and his potential for a higher BA than what we can expect from Dunn and I really don't know what to expect from Abreu.

After the trade deadline...

1- Eaton CF

2- C.Sanchez SS

3- Avi RF

4- Abreu 1B

5- Dunn DH

6- Tank LF

7- Davidson 3B

8- Nieto C

9- Semien 2B

Bench of Paulie, L. Garcia, Flowers and Jordan Danks after Gillespie, Beckham, ADA and Keppinger have been traded.

Yeah I know this is California dreamin!

CF Eaton

RF A Garcia

DH Dunn/Konerko

1B Abreu

LF Viciedo

SS Ramirez

3B Davidson

2B Beckham

C Phegley

That lineup sucks, buts that the best I can do w what we've got. That's a bottom 5 offense unless 6+ guys exceed expectations by a lot. We need to address offense, as we don't have anything too exciting coming up the pipeline either.

Anyone not putting Dunn in the lineup is absolutely insane. The ONLY hope we have of dumping him at the deadline for a prospect or two is if he is playing everyday and knocking out 25 HR by the deadline.

My opening day lineup would be....

1) Eaton (L)

2) Alexei

3) Garcia

4) Abreu

5) Dunn (L)

6) Viciedo

7) Davidson

8) Nieto (S)

9) Beckham

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 01:32 AM)
L Eaton

R Ramirez

L Dunn

R Abreu

L De Aza/R Viciedo

R Garcia

L Gillaspie/R Keppinger

R Catcher

R Beckham

I've been obsessed with the idea of alternating handedness lately. In the age of super specialized bullpens, it seems like the way to go.

I only agree with handedness if's something you do after you've picked your best 9 players. Like, for instance, I wouldn't bench Viciedo in favor of De Aza simply because De Aza if lefthanded. I give Viciedo all the at-bats he can get to improve at his age. Similar reason to why I put Garcia and Abreu at 3 and 4 because they will get more ABs there. I'm operating under the idea that 2014 is a punt season, and I just want improvement out of players more than I want wins on the field.

Not saying whose strategy is better, just elaborating on my choices.

I think Robin might do something different with having Paulie as a bench player.

I think we'll line up as follows.

CF Eaton

LF De Aza

RF Avi Garcia

1B Abreu

DH Dunn

3B Viciedo

SS Ramirez

C Flowers

2B Beckham

Bench

C Nieto

IF Konerko

IF Keppinger

OF Danks

Playing Tank at 3rd would give another LF back up.

I see Gillaspie, Davidson, Leury Garcia, Phegley and Semien all starting in AAA barring trades.

QUOTE (glangon @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:00 AM)
I think Robin might do something different with having Paulie as a bench player.

I think we'll line up as follows.

CF Eaton

LF De Aza

RF Avi Garcia

1B Abreu

DH Dunn

3B Viciedo

SS Ramirez

C Flowers

2B Beckham

Bench

C Nieto

IF Konerko

IF Keppinger

OF Danks

Playing Tank at 3rd would give another LF back up.

I see Gillaspie, Davidson, Leury Garcia, Phegley and Semien all starting in AAA barring trades.

I think everyone INCLUDING Paulie expects/hopes Paulie is going to a bench player. I'm pretty sure he said the only way this season would work was if he was in a platoon or bench role.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
I think everyone INCLUDING Paulie expects/hopes Paulie is going to a bench player. I'm pretty sure he said the only way this season would work was if he was in a platoon or bench role.

I know he's a bench player.

What I was saying was that with Robin being forced to have Paulie as a bench player, I think that Viciedo will be moved to 3rd base to allow an extra OF option.

I really really hope they use Keppinger as a utility infielder this year and not the everyday 3b. We need to let Davidson start getting regular at bats. With that said here would be my starting lineup for opening day:

1) Eaton CF

2) Beckham 2b

3) A. Garcia RF

4) Dunn/Konerko DH

5) Abreu 1B

6) Ramirez SS

7) Viciedo LF

8) Davidson 3b

9) Phegley C (hoping Hahn upgrades this spot soon!)