2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
@BradBiggs Emery says he expects ‪#‎Bears‬ will likely re-sign TE Dante Rosario

Weird. Why'd they cut him in the first place? I can't imagine the veteran minimum made much of a difference for the start of Free Agency.

The Buffalo Bills addressed a need along their offensive line Wednesday, signing former St. Louis Rams guard Chris Williams to a four-year, $13.5 million deal. Williams, a former first-round pick, never panned out with the Chicago Bears. He started 16 games at left guard last season and now will have a chance to step into that same role with the Bills.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
@RUSSLANDE

@AdamSchefter - I think Brandon Weeden could end up as @ChicagoBears backup QB as Coach Trestman worked closely with him leading up to Draft.

That would be an interesting guy to bring in.

My friend is a huge Browns fan and I seriously feel so terrible for him.

Is there a team more comparable to the KC Chiefs? They have everything but good coaching and a good QB and they have done nothing to correct that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)

Is there a team more comparable to the KC Chiefs? They have everything but good coaching and a good QB and they have done nothing to correct that.

Pettine's good. The QB has yet to be resolved, but they have time to figure that out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)

Chiefs have a pretty good coach.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
Chiefs have a pretty good coach.

Sorry, I meant to imply that the Browns have a similar situation to what the Chiefs had pre-Reid. They just have completely inept coaching and a crap QB.

They may not have as good of a defense, but Gordon is as dynamic as Charles, and RBs should be easy to fill up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
That McCown deal isn't that crazy is it? QBs just make a ton of money. Unless you are Kaepernick or Wilson on your rookie deal, you are making some fine money.

We'll he's apparently the starter so I think THATS crazy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
@670TheScore: #Bears GM Phil Emery confirms interest in DE Jared Allen. Now the Bears wait for market to settle, writes @AdamHoge: http://t.co/sZjyirql3t

This pleases me. Very curious to see if anyone meet's Allen's demands or if he ends up settling for less (or if he actually does retire if he doesn't get what he wants).

Edited by dasox24

Allen was not good last year. Nice sack stat, but overall impact on pass rush was piss poor. Will be interesting to see if better utilization or maybe getting healthy over the offseason could get him going again. I sure wouldn't want to invest much, though.

One thing that I think is worth mentioning about Houston.....Oaklands O was god awful so I can imagine teams were running an awful lot against them (his 69 tackles kinda back that up). Here in Chicago he'll be able to pin his ears back more to rush the passer. Wouldn't surprise me if his sack number (which isn't everything) goes up by 3 or 4 here in Chicago.

Also, what are your guys thoughts on Jason Babin if we're talking about older guys. Will probably come rather cheap.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
Allen was not good last year. Nice sack stat, but overall impact on pass rush was piss poor. Will be interesting to see if better utilization or maybe getting healthy over the offseason could get him going again. I sure wouldn't want to invest much, though.

Guy has been a sack machine. I presume its a short term 2-3 year deal with low risk as you can probably cut with minimal impact in future years. I'd be all over Allen. Then you can draft a young end to play as well and have a solid rotation so the guys are fresh. I expect Melton to be signed on the inside. If they could somehow sign Melton and Allen, wowza. That Dline would be a major upgrade from the one the Bears had most of the season. Still other holes on D but hopefully they can do a decent job on that in the draft (and monitoring the waiver wires).