2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
He was an absolute bust as a free agent signing for the Bucs.

Werent all of their FA signings busts? Nothing worked for them last year in TB and I would bet under Fox and Fangio, Gholson could play well again.

I cannot believe Decamillis is getting the ST coach job in Denver. I mean, I can believe it because the NFL is such a good ole boys network where everyone just hires retreads. But my god. He was the worst coach in all of football last year. That dude should barely be helping out a high school football team.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
I am still shocked that Trestman was able to land the OC job with the Ravens. LOL

I thought at best he would land a QB coach job or be right back in the CFL.

Ravens in desperation mode.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
@AdamSchefter

Bears considering handful of OC candidates, including Charlie Weis, SF's Geep Chryst, DET's Jim Bob Cooter, DEN's Adam Gase. Weis intriguing

Its intriguing because Charlie Weis would give the Bears a decided schematic advantage.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
I cannot believe Decamillis is getting the ST coach job in Denver. I mean, I can believe it because the NFL is such a good ole boys network where everyone just hires retreads. But my god. He was the worst coach in all of football last year. That dude should barely be helping out a high school football team.

Somebody compared NFL coach hiring to dating in a small town

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 5m5 minutes ago

#Bears reached an agreement with Sam Garnes (assistant DBs), Dave Magazu (OL coach) and Derius Swinton II (assistant ST coach).

Kevin Fishbain ‏@kfishbain 4m4 minutes ago

New Bears O-line coach Dave Magazu has coached with John Fox since 2003. Fun fact: he coached offensive tackles/tight ends at NIU in 1984

Mel Tucker has been released from his Bears contract.

This was a formality after the Bears hired Vic Fangio to coordinate John Fox's defense. Tucker oversaw two of the league's worst units during his time in Chicago, but has had past success coordinating Cleveland and Jacksonville's defenses. He'll search for position-coach work with an eye toward getting another shot at coordinating duties in the future.

Related: Bears

Source: Rotoworld

I love reading good news.

Edited by Soxfest