'83 unis are back this year

coco1997

I like the hat. Can't tell if it's blue all the way around the back, or if there's a red panel (likely not). I remember feeling that the design of the batter and the SOX font were very "modern" in their day. Now it's retro.

I'm old. :angry:

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
Where does it say anything about 83 jerseys?

The article says the hats will be worn during batting practice, spring training and select games during the regular season. The hats would look terrible with their normal black/white uniforms, so one can assume they'll be bringing back the '83 uniforms again this year.

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
The article says the hats will be worn during batting practice, spring training and select games during the regular season. The hats would look terrible with their normal black/white uniforms, so one can assume they'll be bringing back the '83 uniforms again this year.

They are going to most likely be wearing them with black unless they change the spring training uniform to 1983, and I really doubt they go to a matching uniform for BP.

But it does make sense. If only for jersey and '83 era logo merchandise sales.I guess the players really liked them. I wonder when a team will go back to a pullover full-time. It is going to happen.

Edited by Dick Allen

While I like them as a novelty, it's time to put 1983 to bed. 30 years is enough for a team that didn't win a pennant. And don't get me wrong, it was a fun team, but enough is enough.

As far as uniform changes, I always like the 50's uniforms when I see them. The red trim instead of silver would look sharp. It also might be wise for the White Sox to wear....you know....white socks.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
Wear the 1969 uniforms or the 1987 uniforms, please.

'69 home uniform - I love it, although I recognize that it's too Tiger-y:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/atta...hite_sox-_3.jpg

and of course, the 1987 home uniform:

http://starterjackets.files.wordpress.com/...te-sox-1987.jpg

The 87's were one of my all-time favorites.

All the choices I've read are awesome, I just think they should designate 1 game every season for each of our most popular seasons (83,59,etc and no more than 5 different unis) and that way we get a uni(and for some,successful season)history reminder every year. I think the reason they don't do that though is because they designate 1 uni all year so they can sell as many as they can all season long.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
All the choices I've read are awesome, I just think they should designate 1 game every season for each of our most popular seasons (83,59,etc and no more than 5 different unis) and that way we get a uni(and for some,successful season)history reminder every year. I think the reason they don't do that though is because they designate 1 uni all year so they can sell as many as they can all season long.

The Cubs are using something like 10 throwbacks this year for the 100th anniversary of their garbage dump.

Hmmm...well, it was one thing to bring those red, white, and blue unis back in '13 to commemorate the '83 team. It's quite another to bring the same uni back in '14 that could even remotely remind us of that dreadful '84 season. Good lord, one of the most disappointing seasons certainly in my lifetime!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Feb 8, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
Hmmm...well, it was one thing to bring those red, white, and blue unis back in '13 to commemorate the '83 team. It's quite another to bring the same uni back in '14 that could even remotely remind us of that dreadful '84 season. Good lord, one of the most disappointing seasons certainly in my lifetime!

More disappointing than 2013?