Your Current Top 10

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
1.) Rodon

2.) Anderson

3.) Adams

4.) Hawkins

5.) Davidson

6.) Johnson

7.) Montas

8.) Sanchez

9.) Beck

10.) Danish

10b.) Trey M.

I'm drinking the Montas kool aid. God does our system look so much better already.

Seems like every updated top ten has Adams over Danish. I am just curious why everyone vaults an unproven high schooler drafted in the 2nd round over last year's 2nd round high schooler who has dominated low-A ball and has done well in A+. It's true Adams is rated higher at the time of the draft then Danish was, but all Danish has done is get people out so far.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
Seems like every updated top ten has Adams over Danish. I am just curious why everyone vaults an unproven high schooler drafted in the 2nd round over last year's 2nd round high schooler who has dominated low-A ball and has done well in A+. It's true Adams is rated higher at the time of the draft then Danish was, but all Danish has done is get people out so far.

I had Danish #3, Adams #4.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
1) Rodon

2) Anderson

3) Johnson

4) Hawkins

5) Montas

6) Danish

7) Davidson

8) Adams

9) Sanchez

10) Ravelo

I think this is probably the most accurate top 10, way too early to rate Adams over Danish when Danish just dominated the Sally League.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
1- Rodon

2- Anderson

3- Hawkins

4- Montas

5- Adams

6- Danish

7- M. Johnson

8- M. Davidson

9- Trey M.

10- C. Sanchez

I want to see Montas throw strikes for more than 6 starts before I put him that high. If he does it the rest of the season (which at this rate would probably include a promotion to AA), then we can talk No. 4 or maybe even No. 3 ahead of Hawkins, who I have almost no hope for.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:36 AM)
I want to see Montas throw strikes for more than 6 starts before I put him that high. If he does it the rest of the season (which at this rate would probably include a promotion to AA), then we can talk No. 4 or maybe even No. 3 ahead of Hawkins, who I have almost no hope for.

Too late.

He's already got the attention of Jeff Passan and other national baseball writers are soon to follow suit.

Frank Montas, RHP, Chicago White Sox (High-A): Scouts are blowing Montas up. "Bad body, don't care," one said. "The stuff is that good." Said another: "I never thought he'd throw strikes. He's been incredible." Acquired from Boston in the Jake Peavy trade last July, Montas' fastball sits around 97 mph. And for now he has allayed fear about command and control with 40 strikeouts, five walks and zero home runs allowed in 37 innings.

Assuming they sign:

1. Rodon

2. Anderson

3. Hawkins

4. M. Johnson

5. Sanchez

6. Beck

7. Montas

8. Danish

9. Michalczewski

10. E. Johnson or M. Davidson, with the other at 11 and both with a chance to bounce back.

For now i'll treat Adams like most treated Danish last year - lots of potential, too early to make the list.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Davidson has gone from a Top 100 prospect in all of baseball to almost outside of the Top 10 of one of the worst systems in baseball in the span of two months?

Yes.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:37 PM)
Oh s***. I forgot about Beck.

Definitely over Sanchez though. I've never liked him as anything other than a utility guy. A Luery Garcia type.

Nothing in their minor league careers is much alike, other than neither having much power. Sanchez' numbers has reached peak numbers in multiple seasons that Garcia has never touched, in terms of hit and OBP. Garcia has more speed and better D. It is possible they are both utility guys, but really they aren't very alike.

I don't understand the infatuation for Davidson. If he had Saladino's numbers, you guys would be messing yourselves. Yet, Saladino doesn't show up anywhere. Saladino is 23 and possibly figured it out this year. Davidson hasn't. Balta needs two more years, I just discovered. How about two more months?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
I don't understand the infatuation for Davidson. If he had Saladino's numbers, you guys would be messing yourselves. Yet, Saladino doesn't show up anywhere. Saladino is 23 and possibly figured it out this year. Davidson hasn't. Balta needs two more years, I just discovered. How about two more months?

Interesting that you'd bring up Saladino and Davidson in the same sentence, because Saladino is a guy who has talent, got up to AA/AAA at age 22, struggled there, and now may be putting together a solid, "promotion worthy" campaign at AAA after a couple years there.

If 2 months of struggling when you're still young for a level sours you on a guy...

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)

For Saladino I just want a bigger sample size before I can believe it. His last two years were very disappointing, especially in the power department. 200 PA's is not enough to forget his previous 1000. Potential is definitely there for him to move up the rankings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:06 AM)
As a self-professed non-guru...

1. Rodon

2. Anderson

3. Hawkins

4. Davidson

5. Beck

6. Danish

7. Micah Johnson

8. Adolfo

9. Michalczewski

10. Adams

I would swap Sanchez with Adolfo, at least until he has a professional at bat, other than that I agree. Thats a pretty solid top 10 probably the best top 10 the Sox have had in 20 years.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
I would swap Sanchez with Adolfo, at least until he has a professional at bat, other than that I agree. Thats a pretty solid top 10 probably the best top 10 the Sox have had in 20 years.

I know Sanchez is closer, and has put up a really nice average, but I don't see him having anywhere to play with the White Sox. If he had that average, plus 60/70 speed, I could see them making a spot for him as a lead-off hitter, but I just don't see him being good enough to beat someone out. He's a guy who strikes me as a 45 player right now, with a 50 ceiling.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 06:32 AM)
For Saladino I just want a bigger sample size before I can believe it. His last two years were very disappointing, especially in the power department. 200 PA's is not enough to forget his previous 1000. Potential is definitely there for him to move up the rankings.

It should be mentioned that Saladino was put into the leadoff spot for the past two seasons which probably had a dramatic effect on his approach at the plate. If you notice in his stats from the past two years that his average and power numbers are down but his OBP and SB numbers exploded to the upside. Now that he has been placed lower in the lineup it appears that he is more aggressive at the plate which has translated into higher power numbers.

I think Saladino is the type of really good baseball player that are prevalent in the franchises that have been able to build their organization organically like the Rays and Cards, he's not a flashy athlete but a guy that understands how to play the game from the ground up. I love L. Garcia's tools but right now I'd rather see Saladino in that spot.