Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:08 AM)
Just read three mock drafts that had Adams at #22, #31 and #34

I agree, I thought no later than 30.... I bet some teams forgot about him being there. players who

were rated lower than adam was getting drafted. great pick. plain and simple.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
Marc Hulet ‏@marchulet 12m

Not loving the delivery from #whitesox pick Spencer Adams based on http://mlb.com video #MLBDraft

I would disagree. He doesn't have a great follow through but it's not as upright as Rodon. Throw a little across the body as well. Good arm slot.

Overall, pretty sound.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
I would disagree. He doesn't have a great follow through but it's not as upright as Rodon. Throw a little across the body as well. Good arm slot.

Overall, pretty sound.

Hulet is probably the pop scout I'd trust the LEAST. He's the FanGraphs guy, and he's an admitted "statistically-oriented" scout. That just hasn't ever made much sense to me.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
Holy s***, the HS pick, Cameron Varga had a 0.00 ERA his senior year and struck out 33 straight batters at some point. LOL.

And threw a no hitter tonight...albeit against weaker competition but still damn

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
Hulet is probably the pop scout I'd trust the LEAST. He's the FanGraphs guy, and he's an admitted "statistically-oriented" scout. That just hasn't ever made much sense to me.

Everyone has their own opinion of mechanics. Everyone keys on different things so who knows what he is looking at.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
Everyone has their own opinion of mechanics. Everyone keys on different things so who knows what he is looking at.

Thorburn (BP) is the guy to go to for mechanics, IMO. He did biomechanical analysis professionally for years. I think it was for some video scouting company or something.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 04:34 AM)
Padilla's article switches between Rodon and Rondon throughout. Fun times.

I loved this quote:

A left-hander who could rise quickly through the system probably wasn’t the perfect fit for the Chicago White Sox

Gosh darn those fast moving lefties with frontline potential.