Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Patrick Ebert @PGPatrickEbert · 25m

Spencer Adams, #WhiteSox, is a great pick in round 2 - was very sharp at #PGNational, easy to see future increased velo

He can already dial it up to 95/96

That's just encouraging to hear.

Spencer Adams, #WhiteSox, is a great pick in round 2 - was very sharp at #PGNational, easy to see future increased velo

But what are the chances we actually sign him?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
Thorburn (BP) is the guy to go to for mechanics, IMO. He did biomechanical analysis professionally for years. I think it was for some video scouting company or something.

Even then it's what you look for. I've got hundreds of hours of analysis for research but who is to say what puts an unacceptable stress in a certain area. I take my view from the Andrews/Wilk group which is vastly different from the Morgan or House/Ryan/Rothschild groups.

I haven't seen anything published by Thorburn, the name doesn't ring a bell. I'll look.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Even then it's what you look for. I've got hundreds of hours of analysis for research but who is to say what puts an unacceptable stress in a certain area. I take my view from the Andrews/Wilk group which is vastly different from the Morgan or House/Ryan/Rothschild groups.

I haven't seen anything published by Thorburn, the name doesn't ring a bell. I'll look.

He writes a column called "Raising Aces" on BP that I've always found fascinating. Check that out and tell me if it's BS or not :D

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm just going to go ahead and not believe he actually wrote that

"He's got a chance to be a valuable lefty arm this year, and, really, not many teams have much use for that, especially the White Sox."

From Bleacher report: MLB Player Comparison: Jeff Samardzija

Adams doesn’t profile as a No. 1 or 2 starter like Jeff Samardzija, but he does draw comparisons to the Cubs right-hander for his overall athleticism, highly projectable frame and potential to boast at least average command of a plus fastball/slider combo.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:47 PM)
I heard it was a 50% chance we sign both of them, so I didn't know how to take that.

Little nugget: they've known Rodon's demands for awhile. They are in the office right now with lawyers.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:47 PM)
I heard it was a 50% chance we sign both of them, so I didn't know how to take that.

You heard wrong

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:48 PM)
Hawkins isn't anything more than organizational filler.

Lol stop it.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
From Bleacher report: MLB Player Comparison: Jeff Samardzija

Adams doesn’t profile as a No. 1 or 2 starter like Jeff Samardzija, but he does draw comparisons to the Cubs right-hander for his overall athleticism, highly projectable frame and potential to boast at least average command of a plus fastball/slider combo.

He can't possibly be as big of a douchebag.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
He writes a column called "Raising Aces" on BP that I've always found fascinating. Check that out and tell me if it's BS or not :D

I did. i see he is aprt of the National Pitching association (NPA) which is the Tom house, Nolan Ryan, Larry Rothschild group. These are the guys that taught Mark Prior how to pitch and proclaimed his mechanics perfect. If you've heard of the towel drill and the football throwing drill, this is them.

While i like their analysis method, I'm not a huge fan of their idea of the perfect mechanics and some of the drill to teach them.

Good it'd be nice to have a Verlander type with Sale, Q, Rodon.