2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Of everything i have read about Rose, it seems he is more naive than dumb(or an asshole). But I dont know the guy, he is a ghost off the court except for promotional appearances, he keeps out of trouble.

This is right on. Derrick was babied and coddled. Sure he made it out of the mean streets of Inglewood but everyone looked after him. He would play basketball and then go home from everything I heard. That family had to make sure that nothing happened to the meal ticket. He has never made his own decisions or acted for himself. I guarantee that his camp has reached out and talk to Melo's people. The guy just should never be in front of a microphone. Doesn't do himself any favors.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
I want him to play, get the rust off, get his timing back, and dominate from the get go next season.

Seriously, if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. It would have happened anyway. But I want him playing with top talent. It made him better.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
Seriously, if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. It would have happened anyway. But I want him playing with top talent. It made him better.

This may have been mentioned earlier, but I think he's worried he won't make the team and will be embarrassed. There are a bunch of PGs who are playing at a high level right now. Derrick has played 50 games in 3 years. I'm not sure he can outplay Westbrook, Lillard, Irving etc. . . Maybe Adidas will pressure him into going to try and resurrect his brand.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:32 PM)
This may have been mentioned earlier, but I think he's worried he won't make the team and will be embarrassed. There are a bunch of PGs who are playing at a high level right now. Derrick has played 50 games in 3 years. I'm not sure he can outplay Westbrook, Lillard, Irving etc. . . Maybe Adidas will pressure him into going to try and resurrect his brand.

I agree, I still think he should play.

Also, I imagine Lillard's D and Irvings inability to ever play well when i watch him personally are going to hurt them.

Westbrook/Wall more likely.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Alex Kennedy: Source says that the Bulls are trying to trade the contracts of Carlos Boozer and Mike Dunleavy Jr. No surprise, but Bulls are trying. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Dunleavy might be the actual real key here. He's the difference between the Bulls being able to offer Melo a crappy, below market deal and a near-Max deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:54 PM)
Dunleavy might be the actual real key here. He's the difference between the Bulls being able to offer Melo a crappy, below market deal and a near-Max deal.

Are you sure?

I feel like I've read if all contracts save rose, mcbuckets and buckets, gibson and noah are on team that is still only 15.75 million (capholds)

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Pau Gasol is said to be visiting the Bulls....Not sure what to think of this....I suppose if they have to trade Taj for Melo he'd make some sense..

No thanks

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Pau Gasol is said to be visiting the Bulls....Not sure what to think of this....I suppose if they have to trade Taj for Melo he'd make some sense..

Now we see what happens if all else fails. We get Gasol five years too late.

I know this is off-topic, but I don't get how Hawks could be 20 million in red last year but Bulls 61 mill in black. Salary cap is about the same, attendance and prices about the same. I know their tv deals ain't $80million apart.

Taj & Noah will be at the meeting w/Melo. That should be all we need to know about Taj being trade bait. Bulls could amnesty Boozer and then trade Snell + unguaranteeds to Knicks in S&T and offer Melo ~20M. Best scenario is still a S&T involving Boozer as it means we get the MLE (+BAE).

Pau might be a plan C option (in a non-Melo scenario). Pau would be a great pick-up anyway we can get him, but with Melo signing, would be much less likely, albeit would be a great back-up 4/5 (not sure if he would take that type of role or not).