2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)
Lol if that's true.

I do doubt it though. Not even the Bulls FO is that dumb.

They could be, who knows. Granted, I don't really believe any of these reports until something happens but it wouldn't shock me if keeping Taj is a must for them. They've done that with certain players before.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Cowley is reporting that barring a S&T, the Bulls pitch to Carmelo will be to take $15 million so that they can keep Taj. I have been pretty supportive of GarPax this offseason. They should be fired if keeping Taj Gibson impedes them landing Anthony. Why do we overrate players so bad? It's f***ing Taj Gibson. Who cares. Get Melo his $20 million and do whatever it takes. Figure out the rest later.

I highly doubt Cowley knows a damn thing about what's truly goin on.

Bulls have contacted Paul Pierce....He wouldn't be a bad sign if they miss out on Melo. Still a pretty good 3 point shooter.

Cowley is reporting that barring a S&T, the Bulls pitch to Carmelo will be to take $15 million so that they can keep Taj. I have been pretty supportive of GarPax this offseason. They should be fired if keeping Taj Gibson impedes them landing Anthony. Why do we overrate players so bad? It's f***ing Taj Gibson. Who cares. Get Melo his $20 million and do whatever it takes. Figure out the rest later.

Thats not the whole thing, it is basically "If you want all the money, we have to work out a S&T and include Taj, if you want Taj to stay then you will have to take less"

Kyrie Irving - 5 for 90

Steph Curry - 4 for 44

Steph curry is getting half as much as Kyrie. The NBA's max salary is such a bizarre phenomenon. Most of the best players in the league are getting paid less than max, and the next 10-15 are getting paaaiiiidddd

I personally think Taj is underrated. He never received consistent minutes with Boozer here, but when Boozer was out and Taj started, he was nearly a 20/10 guy (granted he played a ton of minutes those games). Add that output to his elite defensive abilities and if starting, he is definitely a very valuable player. If I am the Bulls, I am trying everything in my power to add Melo while keeping Taj. If you add Melo, Taj's defensive versatility can really help compensate Melo's lack of defense.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
I personally think Taj is underrated. He never received consistent minutes with Boozer here, but when Boozer was out and Taj started, he was nearly a 20/10 guy (granted he played a ton of minutes those games). Add that output to his elite defensive abilities and if starting, he is definitely a very valuable player. If I am the Bulls, I am trying everything in my power to add Melo while keeping Taj. If you add Melo, Taj's defensive versatility can really help compensate Melo's lack of defense.

Agreed, you at least explore the option.

Let's all realize that the starting PF would be atrocious next year with Taj gone.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
You don't explore that option by telling Carmelo he needs to take a paycut.

And they still have Mirotic.

You lay out the scenarios for him. He can take 15 and have a much better chance of a championship, or we'll pay him 22 and have more holes in the roster.

We have no idea what Mirotic is, but a stretch 4 who had 4 rebounds in 4 games in the finals doesn't scream much more than Luis Scola ceiling to me.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)

Taj is pretty good. I feel like people think he's some 24 year old up an comer though. He was like 24 when he was drafted. He will be 29 this year. Not a chance in hell Melo takes something like 4 years $60 million so that Taj Gibson can remain a Bull.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)

He's a good player and great defensively but he is mediocre offensively and not a great rebounder. He is a really solid piece but he shouldn't be untouchable.

Its not about overrating Taj, it is about offering Anthony the best possible supporting cast. I'd bet if Melo said I want $20 million, they trade Taj and make room.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
Thats not the whole thing, it is basically "If you want all the money, we have to work out a S&T and include Taj, if you want Taj to stay then you will have to take less"

Exactly, which makes perfect sense. If he leaves NYC, it is because he wants to win. What good does it to him to leave to a stripped down team?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 06:10 AM)

My understanding is the Bulls are going to pitch multiple offers, including the fact that their plan A is to get Knicks to agree to S&T and under that capacity, I believe there are scenarios we can offer him ~$20M (without trading Boozer) while keeping Taj and Jimmy Butler. Question is will Knicks do it. I think the gist of everything is Bulls are going to land out multiple scenarios, however, I think the only way Melo comes is through a S&T.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 06:32 AM)
I wonder if Carmelo knows who Taj Gibson is.

He's Noah's boy and the two of them will be the primary pitch guys during the meeting. I'm going to guess Taj and Melo have talked previously.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
My understanding is the Bulls are going to pitch multiple offers, including the fact that their plan A is to get Knicks to agree to S&T and under that capacity, I believe there are scenarios we can offer him ~$20M (without trading Boozer) while keeping Taj and Jimmy Butler. Question is will Knicks do it. I think the gist of everything is Bulls are going to land out multiple scenarios, however, I think the only way Melo comes is through a S&T.

By far the best way for him to come to Chicago is a S&T with Boozer and picks.