2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Butterfly effect. I think if they draft a guy like Drummond over Waiters they might not be in the lottery this year.

True.

But seriously, they suck at drafting. And it's not in retrospect either. I remember people questioning all those picks (ESPECIALLY Bennett).

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is truly amazing how quiet everything has been. Sounds really like the two teams leaking stuff are the Cavs and Lakers. No surprise about Lakers cause they probably know they are a long-shot but want the appearance that they did better then everyone expected to help with the public perception battle. A lot of people think the Lakers org is falling apart with Jim Buss running the show (everyone knows her sister, Jeannie, also Phils' fiance is the brains of the operation and family and should be running). However, Lakers tend to have lose lips as the Buss's have never really been known for their discretions. I don't think Gilbert is either and I'm sure they want the really good PR too.

Seems like Bulls and Knicks have been extremely quite and clearly Melo's camp has been radio silent, which means he is keeping this decision very close to his chest. Presume Lebron is doing the exact same thing. He isn't telling anyone which very well could mean there is some truth to Melo / LBJ talking, however, no one but those guys know it, cause everyone else is silent. Bulls are also a notoriously quiet organization and while Knicks haven't historically been, I think Phil tends to keep things very quiet. There was no talk about the Chandler deal and then voila...it happens.

To be frank, I don't really think anyone knows, with exception to fact that someone must have told the Rockets and Mavs they were out.

Oh and I really hope it is the Bulls (not just cause I want it) but so people could laugh at Broussard since he laughs at the mere mention of the Bulls / Melo.

Some reports out there that OKC thinks Pau is a long-shot, which would then mean Bulls might be the front-runner. If that is the case, there could be some semblance to the thoughts that Melo wants Pau over Mirotic. It would mean Nikolai can be used as a very attractive trade chip to entice Knicks into going with a S&T. Bulls could also just stash him one more year (buy-out be damn). Clearly Melo / Pau / Taj gives you a nice front court and some depth in the case of injury.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:56 PM)
Lebron and his pr people aren't completely brain dead like they were in 2010. If he wasn't seriously considering the Cavs, that would get squashed as soon as possible.

Today is 4 years ago from the decision. If he were going to announce his return to Cleveland, today would be a good day, basically open with 4 days ago I made a mistake and I am returning home to my beloved Cleveland to make it right.

Stephen A said on ESPN 1000 that you can rule the Bulls out completely. Hope he is wrong. If that is the case, we probably should see some other domino's start to fall, specifically the signing of Mirotic. However, everything SAS was saying was predicated on the fact that he doesn't think Phil will do a S&T for Melo. I agree that Melo will not sign outright w/Bulls and only option is S&T. Its just a matter of whether he can be convinced and I really think Pau is the solution as it allows Mirotic to be a chip (in addition to draft picks, expirings, and Snell).

Basically put, both Stephan A / Broussard have not actually heard any reports of Chicago being out. Everything they are saying about Chicago being out is really tied to their own speculation regarding Phils' reluctancy to do S&T (and Bulls not having the chips).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Stephen A said on ESPN 1000 that you can rule the Bulls out completely. Hope he is wrong. If that is the case, we probably should see some other domino's start to fall, specifically the signing of Mirotic. However, everything SAS was saying was predicated on the fact that he doesn't think Phil will do a S&T for Melo. I agree that Melo will not sign outright w/Bulls and only option is S&T. Its just a matter of whether he can be convinced and I really think Pau is the solution as it allows Mirotic to be a chip (in addition to draft picks, expirings, and Snell).

Basically put, both Stephan A / Broussard have not actually heard any reports of Chicago being out. Everything they are saying about Chicago being out is really tied to their own speculation regarding Phils' reluctancy to do S&T (and Bulls not having the chips).

Both of those guys are guessers.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
Lebron and his pr people aren't completely brain dead like they were in 2010. If he wasn't seriously considering the Cavs, that would get squashed as soon as possible.

I agree with this. There's gotta be something behind the rumors and the fact that Gilbert had his letter taken down from the Cavs website is telling.

LeBron to soon anounce his decision...

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—N.B.A. superstar LeBron James said Tuesday morning that he would announce the name of the team that he is signing with on Thursday at a special session of the United Nations General Assembly to be convened especially for that purpose.

“This decision affects everyone on the planet,” James said. “I want to let all the nations on Earth know at the same time.”

An emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday was deadlocked on the issue, with seven members wanting James to remain in Miami, seven others hoping for a return to Cleveland, and Lithuania abstaining.

The Miami Heat president, Pat Riley, and the Cleveland Cavaliers owner, Dan Gilbert, both confirmed that they would be in the audience at the United Nations to hear James announce his decision. “I’m not going to lie: I wish he’d tell me in advance,” Riley said. “But I guess I’ll have to wait to hear along with Russia, China, Ecuador, and everybody else. That’s the way LeBron wants it.”

To help him with his decision, the N.B.A. star has assembled an esteemed circle of advisers, including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and the scientist Stephen Hawking, all of whom are expected to be in attendance for the United Nations announcement.

The U.N. General Secretary, Ban Ki-moon, acknowledged on Tuesday that the world body had many other issues on its plate, including conflicts in the Middle East and Ukraine, but added, “It’s really hard to focus on anything until we know where LeBron is going.”

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)

maybe he has the same PR people as DROSE

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
Eh, can't you let them have this?

I know lots of people from cleveland, they are my favorite sports fans.

Go to a browns game as a visiting fan and you'll change your mind.

According to a basketball forum I frequent, LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal, word is he already informed Wade and got his 'blessing'. The anouncement could come as early as today but no later than Friday...hmmmmmm.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
According to a basketball forum I frequent, LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal, word is he already informed Wade and got his 'blessing'. The anouncement could come as early as today but no later than Friday...hmmmmmm.

This seems like great info. This must be why Wade is in Vegas ready to pitch LeBron, because he already has his blessing.