2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hamstrings and ankles were injuries that were popping up the season he first blew out the knee in the playoffs.

He might just be one of these guys that cannot stay healthy. I understand the whole pacing himself for the playoffs, but if the rest of this season goes like this first portion or the strike shortened season he played, good luck thinking he will be able to give you 35 minutes each playoff game.

The ankle was just stepping on a foot. This seems very minor, no medical staff checking him out. The team all smiles after the game. They were freaking out when he really hurt himself, but a pattern has developed. It is almost as if you expect him to tweak something every game, and he almost always does. They are injuries that can happen to everyone, but now they seem to always happen to him.

I just hope I can get to the point sometime this season I can just enjoy his play, and not be focused on or expecting his physical demise again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
Hamstrings and ankles were injuries that were popping up the season he first blew out the knee in the playoffs.

He might just be one of these guys that cannot stay healthy. I understand the whole pacing himself for the playoffs, but if the rest of this season goes like this first portion or the strike shortened season he played, good luck thinking he will be able to give you 35 minutes each playoff game.

The ankle was just stepping on a foot. This seems very minor, no medical staff checking him out. The team all smiles after the game. They were freaking out when he really hurt himself, but a pattern has developed. It is almost as if you expect him to tweak something every game, and he almost always does. They are injuries that can happen to everyone, but now they seem to always happen to him.

I just hope I can get to the point sometime this season I can just enjoy his play, and not be focused on or expecting his physical demise again.

This is every Bulls fan's dilemma. It's so unfortunate.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
He's actually been dealing with foot and hammy issues since at least 2005, says the Suntimes.

There was a story a couple of years ago one of the problems was he used to never stretch. He then went on a stretching routine, although the article mentioned you lose a little burst when you are looser.

Obviously his style of play is going to test a lot of his body parts. We are almost at the point where if he makes it through one game unscathed, there are huge sighs of relief.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)
Oh my goodness jesus H christ. So in a little over an hour, we've got Davis surpassing peak KG, Hakeem, Duncan and being more valuable going forward than a top 5 player of all-time, injury proof, physical marvel and the greatest offensive wing talent of all-time?

#soxtalk

Yeah, pretty awful posts. I love Davis but insane to make those type of statements right now. That said, I do think Davis is a gamechanger and I think he will be a Bull in a few years!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 06:36 AM)

The thing is, I think 3-4 years ago, we never even talk about this because he'd just play through it. He'd have been back out and played. I actually wasn't that nervous when I saw it because it looked more like he slipped then anything at all. He looked explosive that 2nd half and the Bulls D, well looked like the Bulls D. Get better D!!

I do think that at some point we need to get regular stretches with him on the court though to ensure he is in game shape. Then you can do the every few weeks, especially around back to back's, here is a day off.

i think the shoe criticism talk may get louder if this rolled ankle stuff keeps happening. It would be REALLY interesting if it comes to a head like it did with Noah, and he decides he needs to wear a different shoe for better support

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Yeah, pretty awful posts. I love Davis but insane to make those type of statements right now. That said, I do think Davis is a gamechanger and I think he will be a Bull in a few years!

Along with Jabari!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
i think the shoe criticism talk may get louder if this rolled ankle stuff keeps happening. It would be REALLY interesting if it comes to a head like it did with Noah, and he decides he needs to wear a different shoe for better support

Except he went with Adidas...lol.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
On a sidenote, mad props to Jimmy B. Stud against Demarr. Pau has been a beast. So much more aggressive then his Laker days. Best of all, defense playing Chicago Bulls defense!!! McDermott looked awful though.

It seems like giving Jimmy what he wanted before the season was the right thing to do. If he keeps playing like this, there's no way he doesn't get the max.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
Except he went with Adidas...lol.

those are probably like pillows on his feet compared to those french bricks he was wearing.

I swear there has been at least twice in this short season where i have seen Derricks foot come completely out of his shoe while he was just cutting. Not like it was stepped on and he pulled his foot out, but just cutting to stay in front of his defender and the shoe just stayed behind. you would think with the ankle issues that those shoes would be strapped tight to his feet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
those are probably like pillows on his feet compared to those french bricks he was wearing.

I swear there has been at least twice in this short season where i have seen Derricks foot come completely out of his shoe while he was just cutting. Not like it was stepped on and he pulled his foot out, but just cutting to stay in front of his defender and the shoe just stayed behind. you would think with the ankle issues that those shoes would be strapped tight to his feet.

Adidas shoes usually have very good ankle support. But they're so damn light that it's extremely easy to take a wrong step on a cut and just fall.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
Adidas shoes usually have very good ankle support. But they're so damn light that it's extremely easy to take a wrong step on a cut and just fall.

I believe Derrick's shoes are designed for ankle braces.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 02:27 AM)
Oh my goodness jesus H christ. So in a little over an hour, we've got Davis surpassing peak KG, Hakeem, Duncan and being more valuable going forward than a top 5 player of all-time, injury proof, physical marvel and the greatest offensive wing talent of all-time?

#soxtalk

LOL coming from you.

I do think it's interesting to think about what a team can accomplish with a dominant big man. We haven't seen it since 09-10 Dwight, but he was less of an offensive player than AD appears to be.

In modern NBA, is there a limitation to how far you can go with a player who needs others to get him the ball? Is it offset by defense? Will be a fun couple of years with him.

Man, if Charlotte got him as they should have that draft, they would be terrifying.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)

Haven't a few players totally blown out of Nikes? I think they are trying to make shoes so light anymore, they all are pieces of crap.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Haven't a few players totally blown out of Nikes? I think they are trying to make shoes so light anymore, they all are pieces of crap.

I honestly couldnt tell you, im not much of a shoe aficionado. The first i really have heard about this sort of thing was with Noah, and now with Rose. Granted i dont pay attention to the NBA super close, so i could be wrong.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Derrick can't take days off for his sore ankles, that would make him a giant p**** that doesn't care about winning! You saw him walking, he should be playing!

I don't know why Rose defenders keep laying out sarcastic comments like this. The uproar earlier this week wasn't about sitting out because of sprained ankles. And to be honest, if he is going to sit out for every ankle, hammy, arm strain/sprain, he will be lucky to play more than 50% of the regular season and/or playoffs. He is a walking injury at this point, modern day penny hardaway. As I have said before, I hope he proves me wrong but I no longer expect consistent contributions from Rose. Anything he provides is a bonus.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)

Yeah, the material isnt as strong as it was but they are light as hell.

Rose should just wear active ankle braces with his shoes, they would save him from every ankle roll possible.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
I think they should just get Derrick to wear the old Kobe Crazy 8s.

Those have great ankle support.

I forgot who wrote it but there was an article about how Nike loved working with Kobe because he would come in there and basically say "I want a shoe with top ankle support. I also want it to be a low top"

And the engineers would take that impossible challenge and figure it out best they could.