2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)
Only saw one play, but he looks to have pretty good handles bringing the ball up the court in transition as well.

Portis isn't the guy for it, but like I've said before, Hoiberg loves stretch 4s. Working from zero previous knowledge of the Bulls, if he can establish a big as an outside scoring threat, even to a small extent (He's open, he will shoot a three and can make it) he wants to draw the big out of the paint for guys like Rose and Butler to penetrate. Moreso a guy like Rose so that he can pass to another mismatch off of penetration

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:12 PM)
Portis isn't the guy for it, but like I've said before, Hoiberg loves stretch 4s. Working from zero previous knowledge of the Bulls, if he can establish a big as an outside scoring threat, even to a small extent (He's open, he will shoot a three and can make it) he wants to draw the big out of the paint for guys like Rose and Butler to penetrate. Moreso a guy like Rose so that he can pass to another mismatch off of penetration

Translation: Niko is gonna have fun with Hoiberg.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
Translation: Niko is gonna have fun with Hoiberg.

Like I said, I haven't watched the Bulls at all, but both with Royce White and George's Niang at Iowa State he's enjoyed using the 4 to bring the ball up (less when he's had an actual PG, which he will have with Rose, but still did it a bit) to instigate the offense, but he loves bigs that go in and out because of what it does for his guards.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Like I said, I haven't watched the Bulls at all, but both with Royce White and George's Niang at Iowa State he's enjoyed using the 4 to bring the ball up (less when he's had an actual PG, which he will have with Rose, but still did it a bit) to instigate the offense, but he loves bigs that go in and out because of what it does for his guards.

I have a feeling Hoiberg will love Niko and Portis.

Also, just keep feeling like Taj will be gone. The most vocal Thibs backer, black hole on offense, not a great passer. It'll be sad to see his fantastic D disappear but I think Portis can be groomed into Taj 2.0. He's just way more movable than Jo and if Jo is healthy (big if), you'd rather keep him in Hoiberg's system than Taj.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Hezonja's tape is so good. Think he's going to be at worst 4th best player in the draft.

Yeah we desperately needed a shooter who can play the 3, considering Payton and Oladipo are below average shooters at best.

I think he'll end up being similar to Klay Thompson with a bit bigger size, I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.

I actually thought the Zinger might fall to us, but that was probably going to be dependent on the Knicks trading down, which they didn't.

I think it also means, if the Knicks or Lakers offer Harris the max, we might not be matching (when you consider we have Gordon, Fournier etc.).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
LOL at Cliff Alexander

I kinda feel bad for him. This bogus thing at Kansas cost him PT and made him go pro before he was ready.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 05:45 AM)
‏@BPortistime

Bulls Nation sorry for the tweets I sent 4 years ago. I was a boy then. I'm a man now. And a Bull. DRose, Pau, what kinda donuts yall like?

His backstory is very interesting. Almost Butler esqe

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 04:45 AM)
‏@BPortistime

Bulls Nation sorry for the tweets I sent 4 years ago. I was a boy then. I'm a man now. And a Bull. DRose, Pau, what kinda donuts yall like?

That's how you do it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 05:45 AM)
‏@BPortistime

I think Larry Nance Jr. may need an even more sincere apology today

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...-054648201.html

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 04:47 AM)
I kinda feel bad for him. This bogus thing at Kansas cost him PT and made him go pro before he was ready.

Yeah I agree. I hope the Bulls give him a shot in summer league. He never really did anything wrong. He's a tweener and may never be that good but if he weren't required to attend college in the first place, he'd be in the NBA right now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
I think Larry Nance Jr. may need an even more sincere apology today

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...-054648201.html

I don't want to open this can of worms too much, but there's a decent chance he's not wrong about Kobe being a rapist. Still not a good look, especially when you're only saying it to make a point about him fouling people

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
I don't Cliffy got karma back on him.

Karma for what? The hat thing? Illini fans are petty. The kid is 19. I can't believe people are really happy to see bad things happen to him. It's kind of sad actually.