Sox willing to deal Beckham in "right deal now"

Heads22

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:40 AM)
Giants make too much sense for Beckham

with cain hurting, I think they will be looking for a pitcher more than a position player.

why not both and we kick in some salary relief for some prospects.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:38 AM)
I hope we trade him to some NL team. I'm sure he'll be hot for 2 weeks after he goes to his new team and it'd suck if the Sox had to play that team.

If/when the Sox let Beckham go, none of us should be mad at the organization if he goes elsewhere and succeeds. The Sox have given him every possible chance to prove he's MLB starting caliber. Who knows, he might go to a team like Toronto next year and his 25 home runs based on their power hitting approach. If so, good for him...no regrets about going in another direction with Semien, Sanchez or Johnson.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
If/when the Sox let Beckham go, none of us should be mad at the organization if he goes elsewhere and succeeds. The Sox have given him every possible chance to prove he's MLB starting caliber. Who knows, he might go to a team like Toronto next year and his 25 home runs based on their power hitting approach. If so, good for him...no regrets about going in another direction with Semien, Sanchez or Johnson.

For the record, I said this same thing when he was hitting .350. The White Sox have seen enough and if you can get rid of him, you do it. Maybe hold on to him for the rest of the year to see what happens, and certainly trade him if there's an opportunity, but the Sox can't be held responsible for anything good he does elsewhere.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Giants make too much sense for Beckham

They're looking at Aaron Hill or Chase Utley, if they can pry him away from the Phillies.

Beckham doesn't make sense in that sentence. Both would be better fits than Beckham in the NL (especially Hill), and would have an easier transition to an NL playoff race/clubhouse.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
No reason to DFA him. He's still better than L Garcia. Send L Garcia down.

Leury Garcia is not his replacement at 2B. Marcus Semien, Micah Johnson, or Carlos Sanchez would be. They'd likely be better.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 1m

SF, A';s, teams needing 2B sifting through Valbuena, Cabrera, Hill, Prado, Beckham...

Which translates to : SF, A's etc are shopping at Kmart for blue light specials. :P

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
I think a lot depends on what happens tonight.

If we win tonight, I think we might find ourselves thinking we have a chance to actually compete for this division all the sudden.

Really think this team would be just as good, if not better, and perhaps much better, with Semien at 2B. Your post however could be true when talking about Danks/Lexi/Dunn though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
You get an A prospect for Jose Quintana (plus some). You might get a C- prospect for Gordon Beckham.

you are prob right .... wishful dreaming..... maybe that is why I added salary help.

oh I get it. now I know what you are reading. I meant minor league A prospect, not a graded A prospect.

my bad.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
You get an A prospect for Jose Quintana (plus some). You might get a C- prospect for Gordon Beckham.

Agreed. Something tells me that if Danks and Beckham are traded, some fans will be very disappointed with the return.

I'm expecting less and hoping for more.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
you are prob right .... wishful dreaming..... maybe that is why I added salary help.

oh I get it. now I know what you are reading. I meant minor league A prospect, not a graded A prospect.

my bad.

Something like Montas last year, young and very raw?

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
Agreed. Something tells me that if Danks and Beckham are traded, some fans will be very disappointed with the return.

I'm expecting less and hoping for more.

yep and I will go on record. it will be me. I like both players esp danks. his family gave up his initial agent (Scott B)

in order to get signed by the sox.

loyalty.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
yep and I will go on record. it will be me. I like both players esp danks. his family gave up his initial agent (Scott B)

in order to get signed by the sox.

loyalty.

I was hoping you werent offended by that. I really was just speaking over all and nobody in particular.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
ohhh YES, great example

We can probably Rodon in the mix too as far as examples.:D

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
Something like Montas last year, young and very raw?

No, you don't even get a prospect of the caliber of Montas. You get a prospect of the caliber of Jeff Soptic.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
You get multiple A prospects for Quintana otherwise your GM gets fired.

God damn prospects are overrated around here.

You're right, I was mainly pointing out how little value you'd get for Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
No, you don't even get a prospect of the caliber of Montas. You get a prospect of the caliber of Jeff Soptic.

Thanks Wite. I was having a good morning til you said that.

Seriously tho you make a good point. Soptic got us Connor and IMO, Connor at the time of the trade had equal or more value than Beckham now.

Nevertheless, thanks for pissing in my cheerios. :P

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Thanks Wite. I was having a good morning til you said that.

Seriously tho you make a good point. Soptic got us Connor and IMO, Connor at the time of the trade had equal or more value than Beckham now.

Nevertheless, thanks for pissing in my cheerios. :P

LOL, sorry. Beckham just has virtually no value whatsoever at this point. The return you get is a minor leaguer like Sean Bierman - someone who has an idea of how to pitch, but he's low on talent - or Jeff Soptic - a guy who throws hard, has no idea where it's going, and really has nothing else to offer.

Like, a 23 or 24 year old Dylan Axelrod would be too much for Beckham right now.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
I was hoping you werent offended by that. I really was just speaking over all and nobody in particular.

We can probably Rodon in the mix too as far as examples.:D

man you are a great poster as many here, the only time I really get angry is when race, and stupidity is

involve.

peace.