Sox willing to deal Beckham in "right deal now"

Heads22

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
LOL, sorry. Beckham just has virtually no value whatsoever at this point. The return you get is a minor leaguer like Sean Bierman - someone who has an idea of how to pitch, but he's low on talent - or Jeff Soptic - a guy who throws hard, has no idea where it's going, and really has nothing else to offer.

Like, a 23 or 24 year old Dylan Axelrod would be too much for Beckham right now.

First Soptic and now Axelrod? f***! I think I'd rather just DFA Beckham . The open hole could be filled by possibly getting two low level prospects for Danks. At least in theory anyway.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
You get multiple A prospects for Quintana otherwise your GM gets fired.

God damn prospects are overrated around here.

maybe but like every sports forum the home team players and prospects are usually are.

welcome to Monday morning GM'ing

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
LOL, sorry. Beckham just has virtually no value whatsoever at this point. The return you get is a minor leaguer like Sean Bierman - someone who has an idea of how to pitch, but he's low on talent - or Jeff Soptic - a guy who throws hard, has no idea where it's going, and really has nothing else to offer.

Like, a 23 or 24 year old Dylan Axelrod would be too much for Beckham right now.

but sometimes one can catch lightning.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 16m

Beckham: "I played so bad unfortunately I don’t know how much of a chance the White Sox have to trade me."

he's toast. His mental game is gone at the plate and why should he have confidence his swing is all jacked up and he knows it.

His OBP is now .268. That's brutal, it's 21 points lower than Flowers' ffs.

Sox should just waive him and let Semian play the rest of the way.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
Yankees pick up Stephen Drew.....Stephen Drew can be moved easily but Beckham can't? Amazing

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
For Kelly Johnson...not sure that is even worth making a trade.

And then DFA'd Brian Roberts. Whoever is looking for a bargain on a 2B will grab Roberts before giving anything up for Beckham, meaning there will be even less takers for Beckham by the waiver deadline.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Even while in MiLB, Semien has to pass through waivers. I doubt he'd make it past 1 or 2 teams.

Ya, I made a whoopsies....On that note, I'm not exactly sure why he's still here. You'd have to think he was put on waivers and the Sox are just waiting around to see what happens with that. Sitting him probably ruins any chance of getting any ol C or D prospect.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Ya, I made a whoopsies....On that note, I'm not exactly sure why he's still here. You'd have to think he was put on waivers and the Sox are just waiting around to see what happens with that. Sitting him probably ruins any chance of getting any ol C or D prospect.

If I were running the show, I'd probably call up Marcus and send Leury to AAA

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
I can tell you why they aren't doing that..

Who is the back up CF in that case? Eaton is prone to injury so you need someone.

At this point I think I'd rather see De Aza in CF than watch Leury bat. In case of an emergency Eaton injury just go with Tank-De Aza-Sierra. Call up Danks if it's gonna be more than just a few days.

Even if the finally DFA Beckham or trade him I'd still rather go with the above scenario and start Semien at 2B while replacing Leury with Sanchez.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
At this point I think I'd rather see De Aza in CF than watch Leury bat. In case of an emergency Eaton injury just go with Tank-De Aza-Sierra. Call up Danks if it's gonna be more than just a few days.

Even if the finally DFA Beckham or trade him I'd still rather go with the above scenario and start Semien at 2B while replacing Leury with Sanchez.

Wow, I totally forgot about De Aza lol