Sox vs Twins

Kyyle23

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:42 AM)
It would be cool to have a Hawk/Wimpy/Stone daily broadcasting lineup. But most teams use 2, right?

So Wimpy has subbed for Stone earlier and now he's subbed for Hawk. Both times the announcers were having fun, joking around. Evidence is coming out thru their performances that indeed Hawk and Stoney probably do hate each other. I'm thinking it's Hawk's fault. I'm thinking his ego is bigger than Stoney's.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:22 AM)
Danks has had no pressure on him tonight still has given up 4 runs in 6+

Ever heard of pitching with a big lead? Geez. The Danks hate is annoying to me. I like his style. I like his stuff. I am a John Danks fan!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 17m

White Sox hadn't scored 9 or more runs in a game since May 9. In that first month-plus, they scored 9 or more runs 7 times.

When we had one of the best offenses in baseball. Those were the days

I realise it's kinda s***ty to be unhappy about success, but I kind of wince when Flowers gets a hit (once it's not an important one), I really hope he doesn't hoodwink the management into getting another year as the starter

Edited by Feeky Magee

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:45 AM)
I realise it's kinda s***ty to be unhappy about success, but I kind of wince when Flowers gets a hit (once it's not an important one), I really hope he doesn't hoodwink the management into getting another year as the starter

I don't mind at all when he whacks it off the facade of the upper deck like tonight and that ball he simply crushed over the foul pole at the Cell the other night that was foul. I can honestly say I'd rather watch Flowers bat than Beckham. At least with Flowers there's a miniscule chance he'll do something to make you say, Wow.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)

Why not the glasses been working for him

Edited by peavy44

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
So Wimpy has subbed for Stone earlier and now he's subbed for Hawk. Both times the announcers were having fun, joking around. Evidence is coming out thru their performances that indeed Hawk and Stoney probably do hate each other. I'm thinking it's Hawk's fault. I'm thinking his ego is bigger than Stoney's.

Ever heard of pitching with a big lead? Geez. The Danks hate is annoying to me. I like his style. I like his stuff. I am a John Danks fan!

If you ever run into Stone or Hawk and say hello, your current thought about their egos will turn 180 degrees. Hawk is very nice. He is the type of guy who says hi to you even though he doesn't know you walking down the sidewalk. Apparently when people ask Stone for an autograph, he still thinks people are trying to make huge money on it. I'm not surprised.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
Why not the glasses been working for him

Do you honestly think glasses have magically turned Tyler into an MLB-caliber hitter? The dude had what must surely have been one of the worst 100-125 or so PA in White Sox history, he was always bound to put a little run together, it's just coincided with him beginning to wear glasses

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
If you ever run into Stone or Hawk and say hello, your current thought about their egos will turn 180 degrees. Hawk is very nice. He is the type of guy who says hi to you even though he doesn't know you walking down the sidewalk. Apparently when people ask Stone for an autograph, he still thinks people are trying to make huge money on it. I'm not surprised.

I've never run into Steve Stone, but Hawk is the most friendly guy you will ever run into in pro sports.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)

...Or Wimpy is just a fun guy...