Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 14s15 seconds ago

The #Athletics are actually getting four players in the Samardzija deal I hear. And #WhiteSox getting two.

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 22s23 seconds ago

I don't think second player going to #WhiteSox is on #Athletics big league roster.

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 21s21 seconds ago

It sounds as if Samardzija deal could be announced in next 20-20 minutes. #Athletics #WhiteSox

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 14s15 seconds ago

The #Athletics are actually getting four players in the Samardzija deal I hear. And #WhiteSox getting two.

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 22s23 seconds ago

I don't think second player going to #WhiteSox is on #Athletics big league roster.

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser 21s21 seconds ago

It sounds as if Samardzija deal could be announced in next 20-20 minutes. #Athletics #WhiteSox

The deal is starting to look worser and worser because it's curiouser and curiouser.

Overall, I'm lovingly proud of our own RH, striking like Michael Corleone, end of GF2 style. Beating the Shark market before it developed. Kudos.

I will miss this guy, who I had high hopes for as a swingman/ Alexi Ogando (4 yrs ago) type. Maybe, he'll only be an OK reliever in the end, but I've enjoyed following him, and I hope he does well.

Bassett4ST.jpg :( I'm sad too, Hound.

Regarding Semien, I'm on the fence. I see him, to a large extent, the way the Cubs are currently viewing Alcantara -Mendy showing a little better speed, more OF experience to date, and maybe a slight edge in power, though likely close. Marcus showing, at least in milb, more OPB/less K proclivity, and maybe a slightly more reliable infield glove in the end. Both players, however, have not shown much consistency in hitting RHP throughout their minors careers, and profile, to me, as guys you play always against lefties, selectively against righties in a super utility role getting 300-400ABs in a season. Not everyday until they improve vastly vs. righties. And of course, THAT, would still have a ton a value to a team that clearly plans on contending ASAP. The braintrust must think, imo, that Micah is the guy. I can see either side on all three of them , frankly.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen