White Sox sign Adam LaRoche

Bigsoxhurt35

LHRP

LH DH

LH OF

RHSP

RP

RP

I think these are the remaining moves we make, possibly a few more cheap ones. The OF doesn't necessarily need to be left handed anymore. That could make him easier to find. (Another infielder or a catcher are also possible but unlikely moves at this point, unless they come via a Ramirez trade.)

Edited by Jose Abreu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
LHRP

LH DH

LH OF

RHSP

RP

RP

I think these are the remaining moves we make, possibly a few more cheap ones. The OF doesn't necessarily need to be left handed anymore. That could make him easier to find. (Another infielder or a catcher are also possible but unlikely moves at this point, unless they come via a Ramirez trade.)

I agree with the needs. Although I think we only need one more reliever.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
Getting LaRoche, no way you get rid of Alexei now unless an insane deal comes across Hahn's table.

Why not?

It's not like Alexei is elite. He's at peak value and other teams seem to really want him. Sox can improve the club and organization by trading him. An all D shortstop would be satisfactory if we can get a quality YOUNG outfielder for him and not touch our prospects.

I'd do Van Slyke and a couple of quality prospects in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
I agree with the needs. Although I think we only need one more reliever.

It's possible. The following pitchers could potentially be/will be relievers in the near future:

Chris Bassitt

Scott Carroll

Zach Duke

Onelki Garcia

Javy Guerra

Nate Jones

Jake Petricka

Zach Putnam

Andre Rienzo

Erik Surkamp

Daniel Webb

Scott Snodgress

I don't know how I'd feel with the best of those, say Opening Day- Duke, Petricka, Putnam, Surkamp, Guerra, and Webb, plus a FA as my relievers. The bullpen cost us many games last year, and I'd feel more comfortable with multiple, cheap, "see if it sticks on a wall" type of reliever signings.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
1. Eaton CF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Gillaspie 3B

4. Abreu 1B

5. LaRoche DH

6. Garcia LF

7. Viciedo/FA Signing RF

8. Semien 2B

9. Flowers C

Already better than last year

Much of that is thanks to the fact that Dunn and Beckham are absent from it :D

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
He should be good for ~25/~80 with an OPS around .800. That's something no other player besides Abreu could do in the last two years. Supposedly was a big part of the clubhouse in Washington and he handled Zimmerman taking his spot amicably.

What's kinda funny is that I wanted him on the Sox 4 years ago when we were looking for our Thome replacement. Then we signed Dunn and the Nationals signed LaRoche. They got way more out of LaRoche than we got out of Dunn.

Super.. ;)

LaRoche suffers from ADHD that was diagnosed during his high school years, which occasionally leads to on field blunders such as in a game against the Washington Nationals in 2006.[19]

LaRoche is a devout Christian who has helped the Washington Nationals promote "Faith Day" at Nationals Park along with teammates Denard Span and Ian Desmond.[20]

The Dodgers still want Alexei, and also want to move an outfielder, preferably one with a big salary.

Now that the Sox have a middle of the order, left handed bat, Ethier is not the ideal return for Alexei.

If the Sox could instead obtain Kemp, the offense could become very potent.

SS could be filled by the best defensive option available, with little concern for offensive production. I personally wouldn't even mind Rondon. He is the best defensive SS in the

organization, and arguably the best in the Minor Leagues. Defense translates very well to higher levels of competition. Bat him 9TH, and don't worry about what he contributes with his bat.

Anderson is still at least a year or two away. He needs to polish his defense, and is therefore not yet a viable option. Vizquel broke in very young, and with no offensive skills, but he played brilliant

defense, right at the outset, and eventually became a solid contributor, at the plate. A lineup that included Eaton, Abreu, LaRoche, Kemp, Gillaspie and Avi could afford a hole, at the bottom of the order.

Edited by Lillian

C.Rondon in 2015?

Just wow.

It didn't work to carry Brian Anderson in 2006 when we had one of the best offenses in the league...andRondon wouldn't come close to Anderson's numbers offensively.

Leury Garcia would make fewer errors than Rondon and nobody wants to see him on the roster even.

Edited by caulfield12

Anybody else think its still interesting that the Sox have yet to announce this official? I figured if you have a deal with a player agreed upon and are up against the 40 man that you think that ahead of time.

You think Hahn just taking his time or is another move on the horizon?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
1. Eaton CF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Gillaspie 3B

4. Abreu 1B

5. LaRoche DH

6. Garcia LF

7. Viciedo/FA Signing RF

8. Semien 2B

9. Flowers C

I absolutely hate Gillaspie in the 3 hole. If we acquire a much better hitter to fill that spot then I will feel much better.

Anybody else think its still interesting that the Sox have yet to announce this official? I figured if you have a deal with a player agreed upon and are up against the 40 man that you think that ahead of time.

You think Hahn just taking his time or is another move on the horizon?

This f***ing sucks. But it's very White Sox. Cabrera is the obvious choice, but we decide to play it cheap and waste $25 million in the process. This is why we're an also ran franchise for most of our history.

This is a complete waste of money for a DH who will be lucky to slug .430 next season.

Very KW. Very KW.

Who am I kidding? This will never f***ing change until JR passes on to the next plane.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
C.Rondon in 2015?

Just wow.

It didn't work to carry Brian Anderson in 2006 when we had one of the best offenses in the league...andRondon wouldn't come close to Anderson's numbers offensively.

Leury Garcia would make fewer errors than Rondon and nobody wants to see him on the roster even.

I knew that some of you would find that idea outrageous, but if Rondon is as good a SS, as the scouts say he is, I don't think it would really matter how little he hit.

I do find it surprising that you think L. Garcia would play better SS. OK, then let him be the offensive void at the bottom of the order. My point is simply that I don't think

a potent lineup, such as what I'm proposing, would need offense from the 9TH spot.

Here's my projected lineup:

1. Eaton CF

2. Gillaspie/Semien 3B

3. Abreu 1B

4. LaRoche/platoon ?

5. Kemp OF

6. Garcia OF

7. Flowers C

8. M. Johnson/Sanchez/Semien

9. ??? SS (Best Defender available)

Trade Viciedo, perhaps for a bullpen arm.

Sign a RH starting pitcher.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
I'm sure Abreu and Laroche will be the 3-4 with the players we currently have.

I would guess:

CF Eaton

SS Ramirez

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

RF Garcia

3B Gillespie

LF ???

C Flowers

2B M. Johnson/Semien

Still think they end up with a FA LF like Melky or Aoki. Which really helps this lineup:

CF Eaton

LF Melky/Aoki

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

RF Garcia

SS Ramirez

3B Gillespie

C Flowers

2B M. Johnson/Semien

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)
This f***ing sucks. But it's very White Sox. Cabrera is the obvious choice, but we decide to play it cheap and waste $25 million in the process. This is why we're an also ran franchise for most of our history.

This is a complete waste of money for a DH who will be lucky to slug .430 next season.

Very KW. Very KW.

Who am I kidding? This will never f***ing change until JR passes on to the next plane.

Are you upset?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
1. Eaton CF

2. Ramirez SS

3. Gillaspie 3B

4. Abreu 1B

5. LaRoche DH

6. Garcia LF

7. Viciedo/FA Signing RF

8. Semien 2B

9. Flowers C

I want to bump up the 4-7 hitters, and get my two best OBP guys in front of Abreu, dropping Lexi to 7.

1. Eaton CF

2. Gillaspie, Semien 3B

3. Abreu 1B

4. LaRoche DH, Viciedo/other, preferably as platoon

5. Garcia OF

6. Melky/other OF

7. Ramirez SS

8. M. Johnson/Sanchez/Semien all have chance to win starting 2B in ST as we stand today, imo.

9. Flowers C

Yeah, something like that could win, with the right pitching staff, and hopefully some defensive improvement in a few areas.