Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

I saw him play quite a bit this season and I have posted that I would love him to be one of the primary components in a trade for Q. Sale should not be traded. If Dombrowski calls for Sale then Bogaerts, Swihart and Bradely( not Betts) and several prospects would have to come our way.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 01:39 AM)
So realistically what would it take for you all to trade Sale away? I'm not in favor of trading him unless we get a massive haul back but I don't have a clue of prospects. I just know of Bogaerts and Swihart (which would be nice pieces) but what else would it take.

2 big league players with huge potential and a top 50 prospect. That article was intriguing due to the Red Sox link, as Bogaerts/Swihart seems to be a fantastic starting point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
No way would Boston give up that much

They probably wouldn't. However, Sale is a once in a generation type talent, so he'd require a once in a generation type return in any trade.

The Sox shouldn't and aren't going to trade him for pennies on the dollar just for the sake of trading. A team is going to have to pay up to get him.

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
A realistic package for Sale is probably like, Eduardo Rodriguez, Swihart, Marrero and Devers. That's a franchise altering haul, but it ain't gonna happen.

I don't see that package as franchise altering, but that's just me.

That's probably an appropriate package for Q, but I'd expect more for Sale.

You aren't being realistic then. That's a cheap 3-4 starter, a offense-oriented starting catcher, an all-glove SS and the best 3B prospect in the minors, all with at least 5 years of control. That is bonkers value, and the fact that Sale is even worth that shows just how special he is.

A fair deal for Q is like, Swihart, Marrero and Owens. Still a haul but not on the same level. Q shouldn't be moved.

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Benintendi is like 3 years away, and Swihart plays the position that has a shortage of impact talent. There aren't any good catchers available right now.

Is Swihart really that good though? I know he has a lot of upside offensively, but he had 16 passed balls this past season according to Baseball Reference.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Betts and Bogaerts would be the main guys in the package, but I'd also want Owens, Devers, and Margot.

This...at a minimum. Heck, throw Swihart in there too. Chris is unreal and if he were on the Dodgers or Yankees, he'd have won a couple Cy Youngs. We happen to have him under contract at about 15% of his value.