2015 Films thread

Balta1701

I finally saw Gone Girl last night. Am I the only who absolutely hated the ending? If nothing else, that wife is crazy, and you are going to let her around a kid? With what she had done already, what's to say something about the kid wouldn't set her off? The husband couldn't have live that life.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
I finally saw Gone Girl last night. Am I the only who absolutely hated the ending? If nothing else, that wife is crazy, and you are going to let her around a kid? With what she had done already, what's to say something about the kid wouldn't set her off? The husband couldn't have live that life.

You're not alone, but I was fine with the ending. I loved the movie so anything they did would of probably been ok with me.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
Saw The Man From UNCLE last night, really enjoyed it. Armie Hammer was great, hope there's a sequel.

I am going to see a screening of Sciario early next month too.

Guy Ritchie does a great job in making you forget that it's an adaptation from a TV show. Very good movie. The ending felt rushed, but it was a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Guy Ritchie does a great job in making you forget that it's an adaptation from a TV show. Very good movie. The ending felt rushed, but it was a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars.

He's making a King Arthur movie for WB at the moment, and I think that has a budget of $200M

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
There's been a TON of TV promotion for it.

I guess I'm watching the wrong channel or it just never stood out.

Compton was good like everyone else says. Skimmed over some events but that was ok. I wasn't all,that familiar with NWA. I was like 7 when they started but found it interesting how they broke up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
I guess I'm watching the wrong channel or it just never stood out.

Compton was good like everyone else says. Skimmed over some events but that was ok. I wasn't all,that familiar with NWA. I was like 7 when they started but found it interesting how they broke up.

I am glad they skimmed over some of the events because that movie was already at my maximum length. I think it was like 2 and a half hours which is 9,000 seconds. I loved the movie but too long for me.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Watched Birdman last night. It was boring and pointless. I don't get why it was so lauded by critics and won awards. It was one of the dullest and most uninteresting films that I've ever watched. 1.5 stars out of 5.

acting, the story and way it played out and it at a little niche that played well.

but it is not for everyone.

pretty much like i said, it is a Glengarry Glen Ross movie.

it is all in the acting.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
i saw mission impossible, man from uncle and train wreck.

MI was very good and good speed for the movie.

MFU, it has potential.

TW ..... not for me.

I thought Trainwreck was very good but it felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be at times.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 06:32 AM)
Watched Birdman last night. It was boring and pointless. I don't get why it was so lauded by critics and won awards. It was one of the dullest and most uninteresting films that I've ever watched. 1.5 stars out of 5.

Say what you will about empty blockbusters and franchise flicks. Nothing is worst than bad Oscar bait.