Derrick Rose to have surgery on Torn Right Meniscus

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
I give you credit for correcting me and I am dense and need to get off my high horse, that makes sense. I'd rather stay on topic than get personal.

By continuing to insist I took it out of context, you were giving me no credit (and being dense). There was nothing personal there - just honesty.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
Your quote did not provide the value a quote is supposed to provide. It was misinformation. However you want to categorize it is fine. The writer should have used different words but you quoting it threw me off and I thought that Rose had already chose to have a specific surgery which was not true. That should be clarified so other posters don't also take the quote as truth or useful news. That's the nature of a forum site. You just seem to take it more personal than most others.

You start your whole condescension act and wave around your masters class and then get really pissed when it's pointed out that the information you provided is not of value. If the writer screwed you or whatever you said he did said fine, but not everything is personal.

Lol dude I really didn't take a masters class on the torn meniscus after roses injury last year.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Kerr played under Phil Jackson and Pop, two of the best coaches in the history of the game, he was a broadcaster for 5-6 years, he was a GM for a number of years...I mean, he's been in and around the NBA for the last 25+ years. Hoiberg can't say the same thing. The knowledge base is completely different.

Also under Lenny Wilkins

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 53m 53 minutes ago

Bulls announce Derrick Rose will undergo a meniscectomy on his right medial meniscus tear Friday.

Bulls will announce timetable for Rose's return following the procedure, which will be performed by team physician Brian Cole.

This is the removal option, which is consistent with optimism previously reported that this could be small tear.

Until surgery occurs/they know how much of the meniscus needs to be trimmed, it's guessing game. But chance remains Rose plays this season.

Hopefully good news comes out post-surgery but when all is said and done, I'll believe it when I see Rose back on the court. All this said, I think he plays again this year and it will be really critical for him to get back on the horse quickly (vs. having the long off-season). The fact is, we all likely overreacted to this news, as the reinjury rate was pretty high in the first place related to the procedure originally done.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
Hopefully good news comes out post-surgery but when all is said and done, I'll believe it when I see Rose back on the court. All this said, I think he plays again this year and it will be really critical for him to get back on the horse quickly (vs. having the long off-season). The fact is, we all likely overreacted to this news, as the reinjury rate was pretty high in the first place related to the procedure originally done.

It's Derrick Rose and a knee problem, we didn't overreact.

if it was an overreaction, it is based or should i say it is as a result of frustration. Rose has really rotten luck on getting hurt. this is not a person who just fakes things so he could get days off. he gets injuries that requires surgery.

i feel for him. now the bulls are behind the 8-ball b/c of this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 09:58 AM)
Gar scheduled to give update in 30 min (1030 CST)

I do not expect him to be very transparent but it would be difficult for him to do so when they dont even know what Rose is thinking or what he might pull on them during this recovery.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
Didn't realize I ran into the Brian Cole fan club. After Noah's surgery, McDermott, Dengs botched spinal tap, etc, I have no happy thoughts toward that medical staff.

Hopefully this was a really small tear.

Did Cole perform the spinal tap? I dont think he does those.

What did he do on McDermott?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
Got it taken out just like Westbrook did.

He'll have arthritis in that knee when he gets older/when his career is done now, but if he's cool with that when he's taking his son to graduation, he should be more than fine for the short term.

But was it just removed like Wade or trimmed like Westbrook?