2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
They gave up their 6th already for Suisham, I'm genuinely surprised you woudln't want something higher.

If they plan on trading another draft pick for a kicker, their GM should be fired on the spot

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
Right but there's "not exactly a pillar on the line" and "I couldn't beat out someone now on the practice squad of another team" Charles Leno

how about that Kyle Long guy? Seems pillar-ish to me. Im sure Cutlers availability in the game will be determined by his own mobility, not his line

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Gould is untouchable. He's only 33...he's in the prime of his kicking career. Guy could kick till he's 40.

Untouchable? He wasn't exactly good last year and this year he can't kick the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs to save his life. If they want to give up a 6th for Robbie Gould, they can have him.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Untouchable? He wasn't exactly good last year and this year he can't kick the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs to save his life. If they want to give up a 6th for Robbie Gould, they can have him.

So you are okay with looking for a reliable FG kicker along with the other 50 positions they need to fill?

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
So you are okay with looking for a reliable FG kicker along with the other 50 positions they need to fill?

Teams find reliable kickers every year as FA's, UDFA's and in the draft. Use the 6th round pick on a rookie. Gould isn't worth $3m a year.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
Teams find reliable kickers every year as FA's, UDFA's and in the draft. Use the 6th round pick on a rookie. Gould isn't worth $3m a year.

Eh, its not that common to find one of the all time most accurate kickers as a FA every year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Eh, its not that common to find one of the all time most accurate kickers as a FA every year.

You also won't find a lot of franchise all time passing leaders in FA and the draft yet everyone wants to get rid of Cutler.

He's a kicker who can't get a touchback and who missed a few big kicks over the last few years. It was dumb when they paid him as much as they did. Move on. He probably won't be with the Bears in 2019 anyways.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
You also won't find a lot of franchise all time passing leaders in FA and the draft yet everyone wants to get rid of Cutler.

He's a kicker who can't get a touchback and who missed a few big kicks over the last few years. It was dumb when they paid him as much as they did. Move on. He probably won't be with the Bears in 2019 anyways.

I'd say tell the Steelers he's theirs for their 5th and wait a week to see if they get desperate.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)

Of the 30 most accurate kickers of all-time, 19 are active players right now, so that's not really true. The other 11 are relavtibrly recent amd could still be had right now really. Kickers have all become so good that there's little difference in between them these days.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Of the 30 most accurate kickers of all-time, 19 are active players right now, so that's not really true. The other 11 are relavtibrly recent amd could still be had right now really. Kickers have all become so good that there's little difference in between them these days.

The value of a kicker was never incredibly high, but it is deteriorating quickly. You can draft any kid from any school that can kick. The Bears have every tape of every game, so no talented kickers will fall through the cracks.

The life of an NFL kicker is very political. I used to play ball with Robbie Gould's brother who is a kicker as well. He would tell me his agent and others would be on the horn as soon as an active kicker missed a FG trying to get their client jobs. Very cut throat.