2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
This defense very well might be worse than last year. Melky is nothing special in LF, and Johnson's going to be a huge downgrade.

Yeah, I've been pessimistic when friends ask me about the Sox cause I don't see our defense as being any good and the pitching is a big question mark in terms of bullpen. PItching and defense is a true cliche. Hope it doesn't take too long to get the bats going.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
After being screened by Alexei. Hard to make a play like that if you don't know where the hell it is

agreed alexei screwed up, but there's no way johnson didn't know where that ball was.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
Not a great opening day showing.

At the end of the day, with the way the contracts are structured on this team, I want to see a lot of growth and hopefully they can catch some breaks and get into the playoffs.

This isn't the Bulls where the window is closing. This team has a lot of potential, is relatively young and had a solid foundation.

Agreed, development is the biggest focus I have for the team this year. If this team wins 70 games again though, it's going to be horrible from a PR and ticket aspect. Hoping for 82-83 wins, even though I think I predicted 77.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
First game of the year and people can see why many wanted Sanchez. Gotta make that play.

Especially with all the question marks we have defensively. Sanchez, Alexei and Eaton are the only positive defensive players we have.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
First game of the year and people can see why many wanted Sanchez. Gotta make that play.

Yes Alexei needs to make that play.

First game jitters should be about over at least. 161-1 I guess.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
It was a slow grounder that should have been collected and thrown to first for an easy out. Instead, Alexei screens Micah and fails to even pick it up.

It should have been had but it's not an error since neither guy got to the ball. As simple as that. Sucks for a pitcher cause it blooms his ERA but it's the right call.