2015 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drabek 89-91 straight as an arrow. Heard so many bad stories about him when he came outa high school near Houston, but at least back then he had stuff

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
Hopefully they don't treat Morales like a god all season and go after him. He's one of the worst hitters in the KC lineup.

Exactly.

Once again, we walk the inferior hitter to bring up the superior hitter.. Seen that before...to say the least.

Okay it should have worked out fine.

Still the wrong decision. Use your pen if you don't like the current L/R aspect.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
Well, Alex Rios is still a stud.

Doesn't he kill the White Sox? Sad for me cause all my Royals fans friends know I despise Rios.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
Haha, Drabek has no business being on an MLB roster.

Why did he make the team? At least Jennings looked good vs a good lefty in Hosmer.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
dude Micah def had a chance to make the play these guys had 25+ games to get their communication down. Sucks but I'm going to blame the rookie over Alexei. Either could have made the play someone take charge.

Shortstop has to take control in those situations. Cannot leave a rookie out to dry.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
dude Micah def had a chance to make the play these guys had 25+ games to get their communication down. Sucks but I'm going to blame the rookie over Alexei. Either could have made the play someone take charge.

How are you not going to blame the vet for not taking charge? If you are going to run all the way to the 2nd base side of the bag, get the damn ball and don't make a weak attempt at it

Not to mention the SS should be the leader on the INF

Edited by BigHurt3515

Fair enough. Whoever gets the blame this game has been reason 101 I don't like Ventura. Team just doesn't play crisp under him and he always says s*** like "oh we had a meeting and it's cleared up".

Really? It doesn't seem cleared up. How does your vet shortstop not make that play? How are we missing cut off men already? Just the fundamentals are not there and I think it's due to Robin's laid back nature. Guys are too relaxed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)
Doesn't he kill the White Sox? Sad for me cause all my Royals fans friends know I despise Rios.

Why did he make the team? At least Jennings looked good vs a good lefty in Hosmer.

He'll only be up for a few days until Sale and Surkamp are ready. Not sure if it's him going down first for Sale.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
Fair enough. Whoever gets the blame this game has been reason 101 I don't like Ventura. Team just doesn't play crisp under him and he always says s*** like "oh we had a meeting and it's cleared up".

Really? It doesn't seem cleared up. How does your vet shortstop not make that play? How are we missing cut off men already? Just the fundamentals are not there and I think it's due to Robin's laid back nature. Guys are too relaxed.

Bring back Ozzie!!!! We need FIRE!!!!!!

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
Don't you think "powerhouse" is a bit of a stretch?

They went to the World Series last year and had an insane bullpen and defensive ratings. I don't usually agree with Greg, but I don't think it's that far fetched.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
Don't you think "powerhouse" is a bit of a stretch?

Probably.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
If they come home 0-3, Reinsdorf should have them shave and get haircuts before Friday's game. Clean it up, losers.

That's a pretty good take.