Ventura on his job status

southsider2k5

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
I actually think PK would be a great manager, but it's been too soon, and I think too many saw his PR tour ending where he was barely engaged in games for that to work.

Why in the world do you think a guy with zero managerial experience would be a good manager?

Basing such an important decision exclusively on a man's character is exactly how we got into this mess to begin with.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

I'd like them to actually hire someone who's extremely intelligent, like Maddon. I don't necessarily want just another former white sox player.

How would PK be any different than Ventura? They're like carbon copies of one another.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 06:23 PM)
I'd like them to actually hire someone who's extremely intelligent, like Maddon. I don't necessarily want just another former white sox player.

How would PK be any different than Ventura? They're like carbon copies of one another.

Unfortunately, we're dealing with the reality of our organization on this one.

Ventura really got through to people for one year, maybe we can get that magic again.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
It's not cute anymore.

He has played a major part in two losses. Good managers don't cost you games.

It's sickening.

manger checklist:

1) team looks sharp (epic fail, keystone cops on the bases, no patience as a lineup, constant mental miscues)

2) don't actively make game losing tactical decision (epic fail, bunts with 2 on no out even with two strikes, makes an inexcusable no challenge today)

3) handle media and don't throw guys under the bus (blames replay team postgame)

EPIC FAIL 3 STRIKES YOU'RE OUT SUCKER.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 05:33 PM)
Unfortunately, we're dealing with the reality of our organization on this one.

Ventura really got through to people for one year, maybe we can get that magic again.

In fairness, Maddon did coach at TB for some time, so it's possible Rick could find a smart guy to manage the White Sox.