4/20- White Sox vs Cleveland Indians

Jose Abreu

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:32 AM)
One thing is for sure, f*** Robin. Hire a new manager. At some point these guys have to perform but I'm tired of having an inexperienced manager.

Thing is, the only managers Sox could hire to make me happy are Leyland, LaRussa, Francona and Madden and none of those things can/will happen. I guess I'd be happy with Gardenhire, too. If we can't get him, then keep Robin as the team scapegoat.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
It's a good question, would you take our last decade including '05 or the Tigers' last decade?

I take ours everytime. We have the guaranteed title. But it's just frustrating to be so excited and fall flat right out of the gate. This team just looks like they have no pulse. They're trying, I'm not saying they're not. Just is how it seems.

I would take our last decade too, it wasn't really a good example because we haven't been completely dreadful the last 9 seasons. What about 1 title and then a run of 15 years of not even sniffing contention, or 15 years of an Atlanta Braves-type run? I'm kind of leaning towards the latter in this scenario.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
Well if they want to give us Betts, Swihart, Devers, Rodriguez and more...then go for it

Maybe it's time I change my mind and start thinking this is a good idea. Get rid of Sale and the org won't be tempted to make all-in moves with an org unprepared for them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:37 AM)
Maybe it's time I change my mind and start thinking this is a good idea. Get rid of Sale and the org won't be tempted to make all-in moves with an org unprepared for them.

Thing is, I don think Boston would give up both Betts and Swihart for anyone.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
I would take our last decade too, it wasn't really a good example because we haven't been completely dreadful the last 9 seasons. What about 1 title and then a run of 15 years of not even sniffing contention, or 15 years of an Atlanta Braves-type run? I'm kind of leaning towards the latter in this scenario.

It wasn't a bad example though. We've had some really s***ty years lately. Haven't been to the playoffs since '08