AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Kudos to those who predicted the rally in the game thread.

I know there were several heroes, but I'd like to go with Melky over Avi as the main hero. Sox desperately needed that home run. For the three stars of the game I'll go Melky, Avi (hit and the throw) and Robertson (just because).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a game! Great to see Micah energize the bottom of the lineup and actually team up with Eaton to do some damage like the Sox envisioned. For one night at least that plan worked to perfection.

WTF is up with Chris Sale? He's turning into a headcase somewhat, isn't he? He's always had a bit of a short fuse on the mound but this year he's not channeling his anger well. Whatever they did with him on rehab doesn't seem like it worked his mechanics and stamina are horse s***. In retrospect, seems they rushed it some.

Oh well great win a sweep would wipe away a lot the misery of last week and put them in a good position to get right back in this thing if they can pull up even on .500 before May is out.

The starting pitching has to be f***ing better though and Simon tried his best to give the Sox the game as did Greene last night. But hey, you face the guy on the schedule not the Sox' fault they got the back end of what is looking like a suddenly shaky Detroit rotation.

Detroit has got some real problems of their own imo.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 6, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
Wow, what a game! Great to see Micah energize the bottom of the lineup and actually team up with Eaton to do some damage like the Sox envisioned. For one night at least that plan worked to perfection.

WTF is up with Chris Sale? He's turning into a headcase somewhat, isn't he? He's always had a bit of a short fuse on the mound but this year he's not channeling his anger well. Whatever they did with him on rehab doesn't seem like it worked his mechanics and stamina are horse s***. In retrospect, seems they rushed it some.

Oh well great win a sweep would wipe away a lot the misery of last week and put them in a good position to get right back in this thing if they can pull up even on .500 before May is out.

The starting pitching has to be f***ing better though and Simon tried his best to give the Sox the game as did Greene last night. But hey, you face the guy on the schedule not the Sox' fault they got the back end of what is looking like a suddenly shaky Detroit rotation.

Detroit has got some real problems of their own imo.

We should of scored at least 6 early on. But we got em in the end.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 7, 2015 -> 12:04 AM)
We should of scored at least 6 early on. But we got em in the end.

I'm just happy to see Simon turn back into a pumpkin. The dude has been a s*** pitcher his entire career except for the flukey 2nd half last year. He's their version of John Danks except cheaper imo. Least they got to him some.

It's amazing how much Detroit improved their defense but in the end it's the one spot they didn't upgrade -- 3b -- that cost them. I thought that was a routine play for MLB 3B that Castellanos dropped.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 6, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
Maybe you should run all game next time.

but Avi hit Alexei with the cutoff while a runner was going to 3rd and Alexei was able to throw out the guy rounding 1st base.

Fundamentals, a White Sox specialty!

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 06:56 AM)
nah... no spring training and now will miss 2 starts .

I agree. People are complaining he doesn't throw enough sliders, he's this, he's that. He basically had no spring training. He was going to struggle at some point. Look at Lester. He had more spring training. For as careful as the White Sox are supposed to be with him, when they are careful, that is wrong as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

This team is going to string together some winning streaks if the starting pitching picks it up and the hitting clicks at the same time.

The bullpen has been fun to watch. After a long stint without a good pen I forget what it feels like.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:13 AM)
This team is going to string together some winning streaks if the starting pitching picks it up and the hitting clicks at the same time.

The bullpen has been fun to watch. After a long stint without a good pen I forget what it feels like.

They drew walks and hit the ball really hard last night. They were unlucky to only have 3 runs going into the 8th inning. I hope the offense is about to explode.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
I agree. People are complaining he doesn't throw enough sliders, he's this, he's that. He basically had no spring training. He was going to struggle at some point. Look at Lester. He had more spring training. For as careful as the White Sox are supposed to be with him, when they are careful, that is wrong as well.

plus it is good > great that he is resilient, ah to be young again, to recoup fast.

btw, doesn't the slider take rep before it starts to be more than a show me pitch?

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
plus it is good > great that he is resilient, ah to be young again, to recoup fast.

btw, doesn't the slider take rep before it starts to be more than a show me pitch?

They have cut back because it takes it's toll, but I think it is possible they have cut back as much as they have because he really had not pitched in many games. He was fine without it his first few starts. I think we will see his slider percentage increase a bit from it's current levels. I also think his command is a bit off lately, and that could be because of the lack of spring training as well. You had to figure it would catch up to him at some point.

I was pretty surprised he was as effective as he was when he first came of the DL. I wouldn't be too worried about his last 2 outings.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
They have cut back because it takes it's toll, but I think it is possible they have cut back as much as they have because he really had not pitched in many games. He was fine without it his first few starts. I think we will see his slider percentage increase a bit from it's current levels. I also think his command is a bit off lately, and that could be because of the lack of spring training as well. You had to figure it would catch up to him at some point.

I was pretty surprised he was as effective as he was when he first came of the DL. I wouldn't be too worried about his last 2 outings.

you know, you may not like this, but i must be too tired, b/c you are really making a whole lot of sense this morning.

i just see that if the pitchers are not fully limbered, and that comes with reps on the mound in ST, the toll as you said, on the slider and for me, the curve ball, takes a whole lot of action. so yeah, i would see him having a late start so to speak, on his performance.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)

Last night Sale really struggled with his mechanics. He couldn't stay with his release point, and he just generally looked uncomfortable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Last night Sale really struggled with his mechanics. He couldn't stay with his release point, and he just generally looked uncomfortable.

i have read in the past, where some pitchers were rushed or they rush back too early from an injury, and their mechanics really screwed them up for a couple of seasons.