White Sox @ Rangers - 6/4/15 - 7:05 CDT - CSN

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
The Sox left 10 men on base, Texas made 4 errors and the Sox still managed to fight claw and scratch out a run. I don't get the complaints.

If Sox made 4 errors other team would score 4 runs easy.

What's the logic in keeping a fresh robertson on the bench? Everybody could see jennings blowing that from a mile away. So gosh darn frustrating. Should win that game. Now we should go turn on ranger on the post game and he'll explain why it's not robins fault. I hate this team. Could have ended the road series 6-5 going back home to play a detroit team who has lost 7 on a row. But watch now. They sweep us. That's who we are. Thank god for the blackhawks.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
What's the logic in keeping a fresh robertson on the bench? Everybody could see jennings blowing that from a mile away. So gosh darn frustrating. Should win that game. Now we should go turn on ranger on the post game and he'll explain why it's not robins fault. I hate this team. Could have ended the road series 6-5 going back home to play a detroit team who has lost 7 on a row. But watch now. They sweep us. That's who we are. Thank god for the blackhawks.

Rongey is never going to blame management.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:20 AM)
A lot of people on this site don't seem to grasp the concept that there are varying levels of suck. I'm continuously seeing "no point in pinch-hitting for/replacing this guy, they all suck", despite the fact one sucks way worse than the other.

I still disagree. The pinch hitters would not have come through, either. Our pinch hitters probably shouldn't be in the big leagues. I'm still not convinced Conor is a big leaguer. I know Boni isn't. Soto sucks. There are levels of suck, but at least Flowers has home run power, albeit he's only going to hit about five all season at this rate.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:24 AM)
Melky is just bad.

.235 average in the 2 hole. Use someone else!!

Melky is so bad it's laughable. I'd rather see Will Farrell get called up and play than Melky. At least it'd be funny and not downright sad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:53 AM)
Well, that's a given. Really not sure what they're saving Conor for tonight. He's easily one of the most dangerous bats vs RHP

I hear you but "dangerous" is no word to use when talking about Conor. I know you probably meant on our team, but I'm just sayin Conor Gillaspie and the word "dangerous" do not belong in the same sentence unless it's "Conor playing third is dangerous to a team's defensive metrics."

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 05:04 AM)
You deserve to lose when you have 6 hits and 1 run in 11 innings while the other teams has 4 errors.

Amen. That's the bottom line.

p.s. Jennings is one of the worst pitchers the Sox have had in a while IMO. Put him in and duck.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Jennings didn't cost the Sox the game.

No? I could have sworn he gets the loss...

Offense lost it. Jennings shouldn't be in there. Robin lost it. Jennings lost it.

For Christ sakes. What's the definition of insanity again. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting diffeeent results.

See melky. See Jennings. See flowers. My lord. It's sad

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:19 AM)
Ha glad I couldn't watch this game. Ventura is so swful

It's just a very bad team. Starting pitching has looked much better, but they are so bad in every other area of the game. When you have a lineup with 3-4 guys who should be batting 9th, it's going to be hard to score.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
It's just a very bad team. Starting pitching has looked much better, but they are so bad in every other area of the game. When you have a lineup with 3-4 guys who should be batting 9th, it's going to be hard to score.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

On paper, it doesn't look so bad...at least fans can keep telling themselves that (especially those not subjected to all the bad White Sox games already this season).

In reality, the odds of beating out 10 other teams for that 2nd wild card spot is about 1/1000.

Any regression to mean from the offense is going to be cancelled out by the back end of our rotation, our "luck" of having four huge comeback victories already in the books, the dearth of quality relievers in the bullpen, the defense, fundamentals/execution and baserunning.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

On paper, it doesn't look so bad...at least fans can keep telling themselves that.

In reality, the odds of beating out 10 other teams for that 2nd wild card spot is about 1/1000.

This is why I pitch Rodon every 5th day, If he is shutdown in September so what they are going nowhere anyway.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:22 PM)
He gets the loss sure did, sugarcoat it any way you want he blows.

He isn't good but we should have won before. we scored 1 run. We don't deserve to win no matter what. It's not like we were facing an ace on the mound tonight and the Royals bullpen. If you want to blame the loss on Jennings then good on you but it's not why we lost this game.