Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
He's more responsible for Abreu than anyone else other than JR.

As for Hahn, virtually very single move over the last two seasons hasn't worked very well, other than dealing Peavy, and the Garcia part of that is at best a dubious proposition from here on out.

Eaton for Santiago is probably a wash, at best, right now.

Davidson, Bonifacio, Keppinger, Beckham, Downs, Blowasavio, Paulino, etc. The only player who has performed close to his contract this offseason has been Robertson, and that's an argument with two sides that have equally valid claims.

If anyone wants to credit Hahn more than KW with drafting Rodon and Fulmer, well, that's up to them. Not exactly nuclear physics.

Soto is a good signing. Putnam is a good signing. Those are shrewd moves. Gillaspie was good for a bit too. You can't criticize for Beckahm/Keppinger/Bonifacio and not credit for Soto and Putnam on minor league deals. Most of those guys were cheap flyers too. I have no idea whose idea it was to sign LaRoche, Melky, and Robertson but those all seemed like decent/good moves at the time as well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Soto is a good signing. Putnam is a good signing. Those are shrewd moves. Gillaspie was good for a bit too. You can't criticize for Beckahm/Keppinger/Bonifacio and not credit for Soto and Putnam on minor league deals. Most of those guys were cheap flyers too. I have no idea whose idea it was to sign LaRoche, Melky, and Robertson but those all seemed like decent/good moves at the time as well.

I'm still not disappointed in the Melky or Robertson moves.

To be honest, I haven't been too disappointed with Melky at all this year, despite the numbers. For most of the year, he's continued to have profession at bats, which is something we sorely lack.

Robertson, despite some extremely untimely big hits given up, has been pretty much all that one could ask for. Not quite sure why some are wanting to give up on him already.

The LaRoche move is the one I didn't like.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)

To be honest, I haven't been too disappointed with Melky at all this year, despite the numbers. For most of the year, he's continued to have profession at bats, which is something we sorely lack.

Robertson, despite some extremely untimely big hits given up, has been pretty much all that one could ask for. Not quite sure why some are wanting to give up on him already.

Agreed with all of this.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)

FWIW---- Melky is 6th in AL in game winning RBI w 9. Abreu has only 3.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
I hope we trade him before his next start on Tuesday if we do.

Plus it looks like Price is off the market.

I can't see us trading him that quickly after the way the Cleveland series went.

I suppose they might pull the trigger if we lose tomorrow night, but I'm doubtful of that.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/roberda08.shtml

Robertson is putting up one of the best years of his career.

So we're now completely throwing out save conversion rates for closers?

I get it, all his peripheral numbers are off the charts, particularly his K/BB ratio.

Nevertheless, shouldn't we prefer a closer who was 22/22 and half that impressive statistical ratio than someone with eye popping stats who has also "failed" in the ultimate measure of converting saves as often or more than anyone else in the AL?

You can have both worlds, like a Wade Davis.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
I can't see us trading him that quickly after the way the Cleveland series went.

I suppose they might pull the trigger if we lose tomorrow night, but I'm doubtful of that.

I think we'll be ok with out him though. Ofcourse I'm assuming Johnson pitches well on Tuesday.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:44 PM)
If we are going to buy and sell, why not deal Shark for a ML-ready or close to ready bat like Pompey or Sanchez?

I think that's what they wanted to do in the first place

Besides Minnesota, only 2 teams in the WC hunt have fewer losses than the White Sox,and they each have one less loss. Jumping 5 teams isn't so impossible in that situation.amazingly, the White Sox are only 2 games out from having the 6th best record in the AL.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
Besides Minnesota, only 2 teams in the WC hunt have fewer losses than the White Sox,and they each have one less loss. Jumping 5 teams isn't so impossible in that situation.amazingly, the White Sox are only 2 games out from having the 6th best record in the AL.

I hate to say it but this f***ing team has pulled me back in. Like Dan Hayes just RT'd, this team has been down & out 3-4 times now & yet, going into Monday, this is the closest they have been to a WC spot in a while & are playing their best ball of the year.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
I hate to say it but this f***ing team has pulled me back in. Like Dan Hayes just RT'd, this team has been down & out 3-4 times now & yet, going into Monday, this is the closest they have been to a WC spot in a while & are playing their best ball of the year.

In a couple of days, the tide may turn again, but a big series in Boston, they can be right there despite everything.

Yeah every time I think I'm out.. they pull me right back in

Don't see it.

#MNTwins playing .531 ball & are 2nd wild card. That's on pace for 86 wins. #WhiteSox would have to go 40-26 to do that -- very tall order.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/625458965921562625

This was my response

@CSNHayes 40-26 would be sox going on a .600 winning percentage for rest of year. Pretty much winning every series here on out.Can't see it

https://twitter.com/whisox05/status/625461892857860096

And hayes agreed with me

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer