Cardinals interested in LaRoche?

GGajewski18

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you guys all our veteran "name" players will be sought after. Please Sox, dump LaRoche and Melky and Lexi and Robertson and Duke and Shark in a major "do-over" of the past offseason. I'm confident Hahn will get it right this time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
I told you guys all our veteran "name" players will be sought after. Please Sox, dump LaRoche and Melky and Lexi and Robertson and Duke and Shark in a major "do-over" of the past offseason. I'm confident Hahn will get it right this time.

Just dump everything he did a couple months ago and everything will be fiiiiiinnnnne.

quote name='greg775' date='Jun 25, 2015 -> 06:11 PM' post='3187644']

Greg: That would create 6 holes besides the existing 3B, 2B, C problems. Considering none of the above, except maybe Robertson and even his stock is slowly sinking, are going to bring back multiple MLB prospects next year could be even worse.

He got it right last time too, Hahn is not to blame for any of this. He did his job to the best of his abilities and the last time I checked the GM dosen't suit up and play.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
quote name='greg775' date='Jun 25, 2015 -> 06:11 PM' post='3187644']

Greg: That would create 6 holes besides the existing 3B, 2B, C problems. Considering none of the above, except maybe Robertson and even his stock is slowly sinking, are going to bring back multiple MLB prospects next year could be even worse.

I thought that too lol lineup would be:

Eaton CF

Johnson 2B

Abreu 1B

Garcia RF

Gillaspie 3B/DH

Davidson DH/3B

Flowers C

Thompson LF

Sanchez SS

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)

Your losing it Greg ole buddy. Listen pardner you need to take a deep breath and step back :D

WHy do you keep wanting to dump Robertson? UNless you have someone ready and waiting, you don't need that black hole there. One thing to lose with young guys. It feels even worse when you consistently give up leads in the last 2 innings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)

Oh man, fines will LINE UP to watch the remains of that team.

I'm with you. Listen on the good vets as well.

This clown show they trot out year after year will never end until they stop plugging holes with all of these mediocrities, declining veterans and utility players.

As for the result being a bad team, how would characterize this team? If anything, they are winning more games than they should.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
WHy do you keep wanting to dump Robertson? UNless you have someone ready and waiting, you don't need that black hole there. One thing to lose with young guys. It feels even worse when you consistently give up leads in the last 2 innings.

No one seems to remember last yr. I think Robertson will be just fine and he's 1 guy I'd like to keep. The Laroche thing was just Rosenthal's idea, the Cards have made no mention to my knowledge so far of anything about LaRoche.

Edited by AlSoxfan

I didn't think there would ever be a player I liked least watching play for the Sox than Adam Dunn. Well, I was wrong because I can't stand LaRoche. I'm not necessarily complaining about his production, which stinks, but his mannerisms in general. He walks around like he thinks he's some kind of bad ass and then tries to stare down the pitcher after every one of his numerous K's. The guy is a clown and I can't wait for him to be gone.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)
Angels could be a spot for Laroche. They have little LH hitting. He could DH and spell Albert once or twice a week.

I agree that he does make sense for the Angels. I think he has a shot at moving in July. I definitely think Samardzija gets traded along with Soto and Beckham (for teams seeking bench depth).

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
He got it right last time too, Hahn is not to blame for any of this. He did his job to the best of his abilities and the last time I checked the GM dosen't suit up and play.

Well, two things: A.) There isn't a general manager today or in the history of the game who would agree with your assertion that Hahn is not to blame for ANY of this. As GM, he is responsible for assembling the talent to fill out the roster, and he therefore shares in any praise should the team achieve success, or blame, if the team does not. This team that Hahn has assembled for 2015 is practically the worst team in the American League, and so to absolve him from any blame or accountability is simply ludicrous. And B.) This season is heading towards Hahn's second last place finish in his three years at the helm. Granted, three years isn't a terribly long time, but if the "best of his abilities" doesn't start turning things around sooner rather than later, then it'll be time to turn to someone with better abilities.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
Well, two things: A.) There isn't a general manager today or in the history of the game who would agree with your assertion that Hahn is not to blame for ANY of this. As GM, he is responsible for assembling the talent to fill out the roster, and he therefore shares in any praise should the team achieve success, or blame, if the team does not. This team that Hahn has assembled for 2015 is practically the worst team in the American League, and so to absolve him from any blame or accountability is simply ludicrous. And B.) This season is heading towards Hahn's second last place finish in his three years at the helm. Granted, three years isn't a terribly long time, but if the "best of his abilities" doesn't start turning things around sooner rather than later, then it'll be time to turn to someone with better abilities.

excellent post. in some of it i do not necessary agree. \

when Hahn took over, this system had a void of anything coming out of the minor league. there was no help what so ever.

so Hahn had to deal with that and rebuilding. now the players assembled, i just don't know if it the mixture of the players or the coaches that is causing the sox to suck. that will be on those who are 100% better in analyzing this than i.

and in this season, on top of the parent team doing good, look at some of the other prospects, outside the top 10 in the system, how are they doing.

it is the whole org that i am looking at.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)
I didn't think there would ever be a player I liked least watching play for the Sox than Adam Dunn. Well, I was wrong because I can't stand LaRoche. I'm not necessarily complaining about his production, which stinks, but his mannerisms in general. He walks around like he thinks he's some kind of bad ass and then tries to stare down the pitcher after every one of his numerous K's. The guy is a clown and I can't wait for him to be gone.

It's better than the slumped defeated look from Dunn.

I have absolutely no problem with LaRoche on this team as is...it was a mistake to sign him for a premium price rather than trying to find a more bargain-basement solution to the DH spot but what's done is done. But if we could get a tolerable player back for him while removing that salary commitment for next year, it should be done. He's a better fit on a competitive team and we are not one.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 07:07 AM)

This team isn't suppose to be this bad on paper. So what is the problem? Unfortunately holes can't be filled unless the can convert all of these pitchers they keep drafting into catcher, 3B or whatever.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)

Great post. It's results that matter and right now Hahn's grade is D. This team is by far the worst in the division and that's on him after all the deals last offseason. I do trust him though and hope he starts making some more trades and tries to re-do the mess he put the team in.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
Great post. It's results that matter and right now Hahn's grade is D. This team is by far the worst in the division and that's on him after all the deals last offseason. I do trust him though and hope he starts making some more trades and tries to re-do the mess he put the team in.

I agree Hahn is absolutely responsible for some of the problems. He acquired Melky knowing that Avi was a below average RF based on last year. He also did nothing fixing 2nd base then promoted Johnson who was a defensive problem there. I don't blame him as much for Alexei and Eaton defensively as they have regressed more than should be expected.

I think he did a good job improving the bullpen and the LaRoche and Shark moves are a wash.