There's a game tonight, right? Sox vs Cards

Heads22

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Nice hit by Melky and running by Saladino.

This is where you guys need to blame Robin if something happens bad to Danks in the 7th. Danks has already done his job. He's still rebuilding his career after the injury. If this was the Royals they'd be thrilled with the 6 innings and give him a shower. Robin should get somebody up. He really should. IF Danks looks shaky after TWO batters in the 7th, yank him. He's already done a helluva job.

What happens sometimes is he'll get rocked in the 7th and you guys will act like Danks had a s*** outing. It's all on Robin the rest of ths game regarding Danks. You got six stellar innings from him. You may get more but if you don't, bail the guy out for gosh sakes.

DANKS!

We're not pulling him after 83 pitches, but I agree, you do kind of go into protect mode with him here if he runs into any trouble.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 06:56 PM)
Garcia completely blown away on 3 fastballs up in the zone.

Sometimes you just don't see a guy well.

You guys bagging on Avi I just don't understand. He's 23 . Saladino is 26. Avi's got a ton of talent as evidenced by the fact that he's a total hack up there yet batting average wise he's like 2nd on the team. If he ever learns how to hit and not just rely on his natural ability. he'll be pretty good.

Looking ahead to the postseason, the Cardinals probably need another bat to help them against LHP. They've struggled overall vs LHP this year, and it's very likely they'll get either the Cubs (Lester and maybe Price/Hamels) or Giants (Bumgarner) in the NLDS

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)

You guys bagging on Avi I just don't understand. He's 23 . Saladino is 26. Avi's got a ton of talent as evidenced by the fact that he's a total hack up there yet batting average wise he's like 2nd on the team. If he ever learns how to hit and not just rely on his natural ability. he'll be pretty good.

But it's not just about age...it's progression. When a guy continually makes the same mistakes over and over, but gets away with it in part because of his talent, it doesn't matter whether he's 23 or 26...ultimately he's going to peak once the talent catches up with him (usually in AAA or in the MLB) and then it's just a mindf*** from there on out.

It happened with Dayan and I think it's going to happen with Avi.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)

I'm bagging on him because our org was dumb enough to think he could be a major piece on a contributing team this year and might be even stupider to think the same thing about him again next year with an extra year's evidence. I'll bag on Saladino if the White Sox think that about him next year.

Playing him is fine next year. He needs a complete swing and approach overhaul. But for God's sake if you're playing him then get rid of as many of these big contracts as you can and act like you're rebuilding, because if you're playing Avisail Garcia another full season next year I've got news for you...you're rebuilding.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:58 AM)
We're not pulling him after 83 pitches, but I agree, you do kind of go into protect mode with him here if he runs into any trouble.

YES! A standing ovation for Mr. Danks. Great, great performance. 6 2/3 innings. One man on first base with two outs. If our reliever can't get out of this, it's on him. John Danks ... give him applause and don't blame him just cause he makes a lot of money.

Tyler is overmatched again at the plate during this recent stretch. Begs the question, is catcher too tough a position to expect a player to hit more than .220? I am thinking it's too tough. Sal Perez is in a severe slump. No catchers are hitters over the course of a season anymore. Sad. If Soto played 130 games he'd hit .150. Tyler will hit about .190 to .210.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)
So who will take Danks' spot in the rotation after he's traded in the next ten days for a top prospect?

No team in baseball has that kinda money to pay a No. 4, 5 starter. I assume you were kidding, but no green.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
33-12 at home with 2 losses to the White Sox. Ridiculous.

Apart from everything else and every other bit of evidence in the universe, you'd think we were the better team if you watched these four games.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:28 AM)
Apart from everything else and every other bit of evidence in the universe, you'd think we were the better team if you watched these four games.

Maybe not better, but definitely comparable ability.