2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Steph just told Oscar Robertson, isaiah thomas, rip hamilton and every other jealous, old, outdated, crusty fart to taste his asscrack. If he doesn't win the mvp unanimously there needs to be a criminal investigation. Feds, u.s. marshals or whoever. 73 -9 is done deal at this point.

Fifteen years from now, Steph will be saying the same thing about the guys in the league in 2031. Every generation thinks they were better than the current generation.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
Fifteen years from now, Steph will be saying the same thing about the guys in the league in 2031. Every generation thinks they were better than the current generation.

Probably. But these guys are even more annoying right now because they don't understand the different style of basketball. Oscar's dumbass also compared Steph to some middle of the road bum from back in his day. I hope all the old guys shut up too.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)

It's been different this year. Even guys not that far removed from their playing days are going full retard. Stephen Jackson said the '07 Warriors could beat these Warriors.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
Lord bring back the hand check

That would probably be the only way to really slow down the Warriors on offense at all. Of course they area also fantastic on D and if you let Thompson, Iguodala, and Draymond Green handcheck they would be a monster defensively.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 12:56 AM)
That would probably be the only way to really slow down the Warriors on offense at all. Of course they area also fantastic on D and if you let Thompson, Iguodala, and Draymond Green handcheck they would be a monster defensively.

This always gets overlooked. Whenever some OCF or 80's/90's nutgrabber gets into 'zo my god, back then you could literally pick up an ax and chop the head off of anybody who dare come into the lane, etc' yet it's totally ignored that the players of today who are already undeniably bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic by a considerable margin would have those same (mostly exaggerated) advantages. You want to let the Claw (Kawhi), who's hands are as big as Shaq's, handcheck? LeBron, an NFL tight end's body, with the speed and quickness of a WR handcheck and knock you out of the air if he chose to? Paul George? A bigger,longer and equally as athletic Scottie Pippen? You want to give Andre Drummond, with all his freakish physical gifts, the freedom to pulverize anybody that come into the paint? Please. The game was atrocious from '94 to '04. It was slow and ugly. A s***load of iso play and post-ups. Girth and strength had taken precedent over speed and quickness. The nba did what needed to be done and I applaud them. It took a few years, but the league adjusted, defensively, thanks to TT and others. Now I'd say the offenses are slightly ahead of the defenses. But it will probably be totally different 2-3 years from now when the defenses re-adjust. You could say what you will about the nba, but what they did before 2005 saved the game. All you have to do is google the 2004 playoffs. I don't ever want to see that trash again.

Edited by Jordan4life

It would be interesting to see if today's players had to adhere more closely to rules for dribbling and traveling. I know guys have been traveling for years, but the moving/changing pivot feet, shuffling the feet before shooting, and pausing the dribble makes it almost impossible to guard someone. Makes the NBA borderline unwatchable for me, too.

I don't know how, if I'm playing defense and the guy I'm guarding is dribbling, hesitating the dribble, and dribbling again, how am I supposed to stop that? When I see a guy pick up his dribble, I naturally get more aggressive and close up the space between us. In the NBA, the guy just starts dribbling again and blows by me.

How am I supposed to guard someone who has established his left foot as his pivot, so I have him trapped, and then he just switches his pivot to the right foot?

Big O couldn't get away with that stuff. But Barkley got away with some of it. Sports evolve and change.

So, in a way, I agree with some of the old timers, but I tire of hearing the older generations complain about today's generation. That's in life as well as sports. The world wasn't so great In the 40s or 60s or 80s. It was just different.

Nick Friedell added,

Again, Bulls front office believes this is a major reason why free agents will want to sign in Chicago.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

The NBA's three longest active playoff streaks: San Antonio at 18 seasons in a row, Atlanta at eight in a row and Chicago at seven in a row

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Nick Friedell added,

Again, Bulls front office believes this is a major reason why free agents will want to sign in Chicago.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

The NBA's three longest active playoff streaks: San Antonio at 18 seasons in a row, Atlanta at eight in a row and Chicago at seven in a row

And do they not realize Atlanta can't attract anyone, including Dwight?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
#TankWin

It's unfortunate the Bulls didn't trade Pau and get Sac's guaranteed 1st rounder and Ben McLemore who could've shot us well into the lottery. But the 36 year old 7-footer is a building block.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)
I'm hearing some rumors that Kyrie wants out of Cleveland because he can't stand Lue

Oh, you have connections to the situation, or would you like to share WHERE you're "hearing" these "rumors"?

We got f***in' Chris Broussard up in here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:21 AM)
Oh, you have connections to the situation, or would you like to share WHERE you're "hearing" these "rumors"?

We got f***in' Chris Broussard up in here.

I heard it on the score, then I searched it and saw about 20 different stories and tweets within the last day. So there are my sauces, enjoy

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
The 6 titles in 8 years was able to attract Brent Barry, Ron Mercer, and Eddie Robinson.

Oh, how I thought Eddie Robinson was going to be a star. Reason 9,211,244 that I am not a general manager.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Ty Lawson getting bought out. Wouldn't mind the Bulls picking him up to see if he's truly terrible or if he was just terrible for Houston.

Can't be worse than what we have. I think.