2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
I just think it was a weird fit, personally. Harden is the ballhandler there

Right. I thought he would just run a 2nd unit and increase the leads the way the bench mob used to do in Chicago.

He may go look to be a starter but I'd enjoy seeing him signed as an experiment. Couldn't hurt.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
129 points allowed? #facepalm

Just miss the damn playoffs and get the lotto pick.

Also, no reason to watch the Warriors tonight.

Basically every single possession by the Heat the entire game resulted in a layup or an uncontested jump shot. Just an awful effort.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Bucks might be questionable. But nobody can convince me the Bulls have flopped worse than the Rockets.

The Bulls problems are almost all related to injuries. It is hard to call Butler, Mirotic, and Rose missing extended periods a flop.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
The Bulls problems are almost all related to injuries. It is hard to call Butler, Mirotic, and Rose missing extended periods a flop.

Nah, this was happening when they were healthy. The Bulls problems are almost all related to dysfunction, and the injuries are magnifying it

The guys on the radio today were saying that missing the playoffs would be the worst outcome for Bulls. I very much disagree. I think making the playoffs would be worse. You have 0 shot at winning a title. You have like a 1.5% chance at winning the lottery. I'd much rather miss the playoffs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
Nah, this was happening when they were healthy. The Bulls problems are almost all related to dysfunction, and the injuries are magnifying it

And the injuries are nothing new. Expecting these guys to play close to a full season would be like the Reds expecting Ken Griffey Jr. not to get injured. Great if he stayed healthy, but he isn't going to stay healthy. Taj is going to get hurt. Noah is going to be hurt, DRose is going to be hurt, Butler is going to be hurt, Hinrich was going to be hurt. Pau, at his age, is going to miss a couple of games. It doesn't matter who is coaching them, unless they ride pine all year, they will come up lame at some point. The Bulls need a new mix. One with a core you can reasonably expect to remain somewhat healthy. If they don't change the mix, they will be blaming injuries again until they realize the problem.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
They'd at least be a playoff team right now.

The Bulls would be somewhere around 10 games better even with relative historical health levels.

Look at it this way.

Noah 29 games- career low

Butler will probably end up playing a career low in games

Mirotic playing 82 games last year, has missed 15 so far, and still counting

Dunleavy will play his least games since 2008-09, playing around 30 games, after averaging around 67 during that time frame.

If Taj misses tonight, the Bulls won't have a single player that will play this full season.

The only guy who has been healthier than usual is Derrick and he is even having an awful year as a whole.

I am not going to say the whole season is because of injuries, but if you took those kind of players away from San Antonio, Golden State, or anyone else it would change their entire season.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
The guys on the radio today were saying that missing the playoffs would be the worst outcome for Bulls. I very much disagree. I think making the playoffs would be worse. You have 0 shot at winning a title. You have like a 1.5% chance at winning the lottery. I'd much rather miss the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs is better than being a 7th or 8th seed for sure.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
And I'm not too stoked about the upcoming draft class, so I don't think missing the playoffs for a higher pick is that big of a deal.

It's not a big deal but I don't really want to see this team play a playoff game.