2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
The Lakers have a few really nice talents. I think the real reason they only have 11 wins is because this year is all about Kobe chucking them up. Russell, Randle and Clarkson isn't a bad start.

I think they are OK with letting Kobe suck up the attention and meanwhile having a terrible season again. They will get another high pick, and have a chance at adding a great player to that core. The spotlight will start to shine on LA next year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lakers have a few really nice talents. I think the real reason they only have 11 wins is because this year is all about Kobe chucking them up. Russell, Randle and Clarkson isn't a bad start.

Definitely not bad, but a one way ticket to basketball hell if they win too many games. More high picks will make a big difference in LA

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)

Well that and they are the worst defensive team in the NBA.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
1st quarter Drose was just ridiculously quick. Ridiculous. He slowed the pace down a bit in the 2nd half, but still had a huge 4th quarter. Interior defense was atrocious and the team yet again choked away and withered with a big lead. I continue to be frustrated with Hoiberg. I see so much stupidity out of the team night in / night out and I feel his laissez-faire style just doesn't work. For example, anyone watch Tony Snell at the end of the 2nd quarter. Rose screaming for the ball, Pau screaming for the ball, nope, we get Snell for like 15 seconds of stupidity.

I did notice at times, we were far more crisp offensively, but you have to remember the Lakers are dismal. Byron Scott makes Hoiberg look like a genius and we all know my current opinion of Hoiberg (prove me wrong Fred, please god prove me wrong).

Rose is looking fast lately. I'm just waiting for him to pull out a dunk.

Also the block/foul when Derrick inhaled Clarkson's soul. Dear God.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
Unless you want to get a worse deal back, Rose is ours.

Various NBA reporters have indicated if the Bulls wanted to (now whether true or not, who knows), they could unload Rose without taking back any significant contracts (long-term). When you consider the cap going up (and if Rose plays most of the games from here on up), all that money, and given a relatively weak free agent crop (outside of Durant) that someone who was looking for "star-power" or a "brand" wouldn't take Rose, well I just don't see how that is possible.

By the way, i'm not here arguing he's great or a star, I'm just saying, with what is out there (and tons of team are going to have tons of cash), Rose will absolutely be moveable (as long as he is healthy). I happen to think he will continue to ascend (vs. descend) between now and the off-season, but either way, as long as he was healthy, I think the Bulls could move him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Various NBA reporters have indicated if the Bulls wanted to (now whether true or not, who knows), they could unload Rose without taking back any significant contracts (long-term). When you consider the cap going up (and if Rose plays most of the games from here on up), all that money, and given a relatively weak free agent crop (outside of Durant) that someone who was looking for "star-power" or a "brand" wouldn't take Rose, well I just don't see how that is possible.

By the way, i'm not here arguing he's great or a star, I'm just saying, with what is out there (and tons of team are going to have tons of cash), Rose will absolutely be moveable (as long as he is healthy). I happen to think he will continue to ascend (vs. descend) between now and the off-season, but either way, as long as he was healthy, I think the Bulls could move him.

How many teams are looking to unload a group of players or one guy that match his salary though? I don't know if there is a large pool of teams that are as f***ed up as the Bulls. And whoever is they are probably just as delusional of the value of their guys as the Bulls FO is about theirs.

They should be trying to lose as many games as possible. Their pick is going to Philly if it isn't top 3, so they better try to stay below Phoenix.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
aren't they likely going to resign him?

Goff was saying yesterday that he did some digging with a few sources over the past couple weeks, and Derrick isnt going anywhere. He followed that by saying he would be extremely surprised if Derrick left, but he cant discount the possibility.

Sources, sauces, you never know