9/1/15 GT: SOX (61-68) @ Twins (67-63) - 8:10PM EDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flowers' grounder there is why baseball players have such rotten batting averages nowadays - scouting. If a player is able to actually hit the ball, there's a GREAT chance the opposing team will have a shift on and the defense there to snuff out any potential hit. Flowers just now rapped a base hit up the middle ... however there was a defender there right over second base.

That's why players must bunt and do funky things to beat shifts.

Or they'll all be doomed to hitting between .230 and .250 with .250 suddenly becoming an awesome batting average.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Sale puts up ridiculous numbers even when he sucks. He's going to match the 20k record one of these days I swear.

I'll give him credit for battling through the game after the 2nd inning. Especially holding down the Twins after the big inning from the offense.

Anyone notice how Sale pitched better when he dropped his velocity to 92-94? It was as if someone told him to scale back and improve his command

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 03:21 AM)
I'll give him credit for battling through the game after the 2nd inning. Especially holding down the Twins after the big inning from the offense.

Anyone notice how Sale pitched better when he dropped his velocity to 92-94? It was as if someone told him to scale back and improve his command

I think throwing too hard also led to him overthrowing his change-up. He threw one to Suzuki that was 90mph

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
1. Trayce has strong position splits against lefties, and being a little careful with him is not a bad thing.

2. Adam LaRoche is still under contract for $13 million by the White Sox next year. Like it or not, Adam LaRoche is going to be on the Chicago White Sox in 2016 starting a lot of time at DH and 1b.

3. Adam LaRoche has had some hits lately, with a .930 OPS over his last 7 starts.

4. There is a righty on the mound.

If you can get Adam LaRoche's confidence up and help him have a good last month, that at least improves your chances of getting something useful out of him for $13 million in 2016.

When there is a righty starter on the mound, Adam LaRoche should be in the lineup, at least until the White Sox are ready to eat his contract.

Exactly. LaRoche is going to play a TON because of the money he earns. We have to accept this. He will not be platooned ... ever.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:41 AM)
Sale doesn't really pitch well in big games, it seems. He's letting Minnesota get to him with being crossed up, throwing some fastballs WAY off location

I'd be interested to know how he'd fare in a pennant race

Why did you type that, Tizzle? This wasn't a big game by any stretch. No pressure at all tonight. Sale throws way too many pitches. Good thing they just yanked him at 115 or so through 6 1/3.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 01:17 AM)
Why do they keep putting Saladino in the 2nd spot? Give Sanchez or Avi a try. It's disappointing how they have 30 or so free games and keep seemingly playing them as if it's May.

I agree. It's frustrating even though Saladino sometimes tries to go with the pitch and drill singles to right, which I like. His batting average kind of blows and I wouldn't mind seeing him ninth for a while.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Exactly. LaRoche is going to play a TON because of the money he earns. We have to accept this. He will not be platooned ... ever.

Why did you type that, Tizzle? This wasn't a big game by any stretch. No pressure at all tonight. Sale throws way too many pitches. Good thing they just yanked him at 115 or so through 6 1/3.

I agree. It's frustrating even though Saladino sometimes tries to go with the pitch and drill singles to right, which I like. His batting average kind of blows and I wouldn't mind seeing him ninth for a while.

It wasnt a big game as if our playoff hopes rested on it, but pitching against a divisional ballclub competing for a WC spot knowing they've hit you well would have been on my mind.