Don't Take These Final Games For Granted

Jose Abreu

The Sox are out of the race, they won't make the playoffs, etc. Game threads have gone down to

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
I feel like this point of the year (September, Sox out of the playoff race) is the time we Sox fans take for granted. In mid-December, when the Bears are 3-11, the Hawks are struggling without Kane/Sharp/Saad, and Derrick Rose is out for 6 months with a knee injury, we'll wish we had any White Sox baseball- even an unimportant game like this.

My point is, I know we're not in the playoff race, but actually try to watch/follow/enjoy these final few weeks of Sox games, because a few months from now, we'll all be dying for White Sox baseball.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
The Sox are out of the race, they won't make the playoffs, etc. Game threads have gone down to

My point is, I know we're not in the playoff race, but actually try to watch/follow/enjoy these final few weeks of Sox games, because a few months from now, we'll all be dying for White Sox baseball.

As much as I like your attitude, the Sox play has been a big disappointment this summer. I choose to ignore them all together. Easy to do because everyone is on the Cubs bandwagon as much as that sucks. I think right now every game the Sox win moves them farther away from achieving a long term goal of winning a World Series. might as well play for the draft pick and see how good are scouts are. Beats making a late run towards .500 against other teams minor leaguers.

Bob

QUOTE (gosox41 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
As much as I like your attitude, the Sox play has been a big disappointment this summer. I choose to ignore them all together. Easy to do because everyone is on the Cubs bandwagon as much as that sucks. I think right now every game the Sox win moves them farther away from achieving a long term goal of winning a World Series. might as well play for the draft pick and see how good are scouts are. Beats making a late run towards .500 against other teams minor leaguers.

Bob

Royals fans said that for about 30 years. If winning comes from the contributions of the kids, I have no problem with that.

Mid December is the baseball offseason (Hot Stove), NFL football, and hoops. I'll be just fine with no baseball for awhile.

I'm with this guy.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Mid December is the baseball offseason (Hot Stove), NFL football, and hoops. I'll be just fine with no baseball for awhile.

I already (semi-jokingly) the other sports that go on at the time. However, if you're not a fan of Chicago sports teams in the winter, then I guess you could be more entertained.

Anyway, wouldn't you rather be watching a game than following Winter Meetings rumors?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
I already (semi-jokingly) the other sports that go on at the time. However, if you're not a fan of Chicago sports teams in the winter, then I guess you could be more entertained.

Anyway, wouldn't you rather be watching a game than following Winter Meetings rumors?

Honestly, when the team is bad, I think I'd rather follow Hot Stove rumors.

You're right. I will miss baseball this winter. I don't follow or care about the other sports. But I will be glad to see the 2015 White Sox season end. This has been a very disturbing year. This is the 3rd year in a row the White Sox have been bad and I'm simply tired of them losing. Hopefully there will be some big changes this off season to the team and we will have something to look forward to in 2016.

Edited by WBWSF

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 03:09 AM)

Nice enthusiasm but Robin/Hahn/Kenny and of course the lousy players have combined to do such a poor job that I actually will be ready for the season to end. It usually isn't that way, but this season was so frustrating for the second year in a row I'll be glad it's over. Yes I despise the winter and the ice and damn cold weather and will be ready for spring training, but Robin and the others have done the unthinkable for me: Make me happy the season will be over. Sad.

This season has been totally pathetic. I'd give everybody combined a grade of D.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Agreed, part of me just wants to get into the offseason with the main starting pitchers healthy.

I see your point (not just yours, but everyone who is respectfully disagreeing with me), but I find it unlikely that you guys won't miss baseball this winter.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
I see your point (not just yours, but everyone who is respectfully disagreeing with me), but I find it unlikely that you guys won't miss baseball this winter.

I miss baseball every winter. Even in seasons where we have good hockey and/or basketball, baseball is still always king.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
Agreed, I would like for them to shut Sale down after this next start as well.

Eh. Sale is 10 IP behind last year, and 30 behind his career high of 2 years ago. If you want him to be able to go 230 to 240 IP in a season that includes a post season, this is the year to push him back over 200 IP.

The one caveat is if he is in any pain at all, shut him down. If he is healthy, give him his normal starts.