His Name Is Lazaro Robersy Armenteros Arango Or Simply "Lazarito&

Boopa1219

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
What? He's still young as f***.

Micker used to go by Micker Adolfo Zapata but dropped Zapata.

Forgot all about that. How fun would it have been if he kept it and he and the other killer Zs made it to the bigs.

Anyway yes to this man child.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Speaking of Cuban's, did Eddy Julio Martinez go back to Cuba or something? There was a ton of fire around him during the Jul 2 signings, and now nothing.

EJM has been doing workouts with clubs for weeks now. I'd expect a signing soon, probably to a team already over their Intl limit for the year. But the Sox are still mentioned among the teams tracking him and interested. Outside shot probably, but not zero chance.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
What? He's still young as f***.

I meant his jersey name.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
Srsly. I mean come on, we could have been chanting VIVA ZAPATA for years.

Yup. Missed opportunity, Micker.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
EJM has been doing workouts with clubs for weeks now. I'd expect a signing soon, probably to a team already over their Intl limit for the year. But the Sox are still mentioned among the teams tracking him and interested. Outside shot probably, but not zero chance.

The Sox have an interesting road to make. From all indications there are a boat load of talented Cubans on the open market, or about to be. If they decide this is their year to blow through the caps (and if they are scouting EJM, they are at least thinking about it) they could absolutely load up their farm system in a hurry with talented young players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
The Sox have an interesting road to make. From all indications there are a boat load of talented Cubans on the open market, or about to be. If they decide this is their year to blow through the caps (and if they are scouting EJM, they are at least thinking about it) they could absolutely load up their farm system in a hurry with talented young players.

That's part of the story, but there is more to it than that. If you are going to blow through your limit, you need to make sure you have a BIG slate of talent who will sign if you do. What you absolutely don't want to do, is blow through on one guy, and miss out on the rest. That's the worst case scenario. So you not only need to make that decision, you need to have a bunch of deals reliably lined up before you make the leap.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
That's part of the story, but there is more to it than that. If you are going to blow through your limit, you need to make sure you have a BIG slate of talent who will sign if you do. What you absolutely don't want to do, is blow through on one guy, and miss out on the rest. That's the worst case scenario. So you not only need to make that decision, you need to have a bunch of deals reliably lined up before you make the leap.

The bluster was that Martinez would have been the #1 overall pick if he had been in this years MLB draft. If you can get him, you do it. You can then think about adding from the rest of the pool of talent in Cuba.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)

We're devoid of impact offensive players, if it meant blowing through our alloted money for one player who's a physical specimen......I'd do it in an instant. Just ask yourself what would the White Sox do.....and think the opposite. It'll be the correct move

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
We're devoid of impact offensive players, if it meant blowing through our alloted money for one player who's a physical specimen......I'd do it in an instant. Just ask yourself what would the White Sox do.....and think the opposite. It'll be the correct move

I would love to have the Abreu money back. Signing Q and Sale to extensions, laughable. Drafting Rodon... You are right just do the opposite they will be so much better.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
I would love to have the Abreu money back. Signing Q and Sale to extensions, laughable. Drafting Rodon... You are right just do the opposite they will be so much better.

I get why people are unhappy with many of the decisions ownership and the FO have made, but the way a few posters here act like the White Sox never do anything right (or even rarely) is pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
I get why people are unhappy with many of the decisions ownership and the FO have made, but the way a few posters here act like the White Sox never do anything right (or even rarely) is pretty ridiculous.

Not only that but every other team is stacked beyond belief. Olt was the Cubs best option behind Bryant, that apparently is irrelevant, but who is playing if Bryant struggle to gets hurt? A guy many people on here are upset takes AB s away from Saladino.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)

I actually meant it in exactly the context I posted with, the White Sox are not actively drafting internationally compared to the league. The move we expect is for them to NOT be the highest bidder for this player.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/internation...al-prospects-2/

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
I actually meant it in exactly the context I posted with, the White Sox are not actively drafting internationally compared to the league. The move we expect is for them to NOT be the highest bidder for this player.

You also said the White Sox should blow their bonus funds on Martinez, and they have worked him out several times. So the opposite would be no interest. Sort of contradict yourself there.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)

Well there's no international draft. And they've been high bidders for a lot of big names