Farmer and DJ back in 2016

southsider2k5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thank God.

It's so important to not make any changes to this winning organization.

Attendance is down, viewership and listenership is down, losing is holding steady.

All is right in White Sox world.

I'm really looking forward to extensions for Harrelson, Ventura, Williams and the entire coaching staff.

The three year plan is solid.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
Oh thank God.

It's so important to not make any changes to this winning organization.

Attendance is down, viewership and listenership is down, losing is holding steady.

All is right in White Sox world.

I'm really looking forward to extensions for Harrelson, Ventura, Williams and the entire coaching staff.

The three year plan is solid.

Yeah Farmer and DJ were why we didn't make the playoffs. This board is hilarious sometimes.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Yeah Farmer and DJ were why we didn't make the playoffs. This board is hilarious sometimes.

You're missing the bigger picture.

The Chicago White Sox are a third rate organization.

The broadcasting is bad and does not help expand the fan base.

The coaching is bad, the free agent signings are bad, even the video board in center field is out of date and bad.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
Just the start of little to no change with an organization that has had three straight losing years, six out of nine and are becoming more and more irrelevant each day.

Mark

While it will annoy me as much as you when they make no organizational changes, I have no problem with the radio and TV teams not changing as they have presumably little effect on the quality of product on the field. Unless the front office really is listening to Hawk's ideas on how to build a team.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Just the start of little to no change with an organization that has had three straight losing years, six out of nine and are becoming more and more irrelevant each day.

Mark

Exactly!! 2016 is already looking very depressing. If they can't make deserved changes in the radio booth I don't see anything good to happen (being fired) with the manager and coaching staff.

The funny thing is, if the Sox only made changes in the radio booth the same people complaining now would be complaining that the Sox only made changes that aren't going to improve the team. The changes that need to happen need to happen at the top, who calls the games in the booth is utterly meaningless.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
The funny thing is, if the Sox only made changes in the radio booth the same people complaining now would be complaining that the Sox only made changes that aren't going to improve the team. The changes that need to happen need to happen at the top, who calls the games in the booth is utterly meaningless.

You are correct that changes need to be made in the front office and the dugout. But, if those reporting the game on the radio are (IMO) boring then fans won't listen. I know I don't turn on the radio!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
While it will annoy me as much as you when they make no organizational changes, I have no problem with the radio and TV teams not changing as they have presumably little effect on the quality of product on the field. Unless the front office really is listening to Hawk's ideas on how to build a team.

There are enough fans who think time has passed most of those guys by and refuse to listen / watch. That is part of the overall product produced by this organization. It all factors in. No it doesn't impact what happens on the field...it does impact what happens off it and that is part of the issues which the franchise refuses to improve.

And again JR has the final call on broadcasters. There were folks in the organization pushing for Dave Willis at one time, they could never get JR to say yes so Dave went off to Tampa where he is very happy.

Again JR values loyalty over a good product. The fact is Hawk is 73 years old and has lost his edge (as I broadcaster I know what this is...), Stone can't work with him, Farmer is a great color analyst but is brutal as a play by play guy and DJ is the nicest person on Earth. He's just not very good in the booth.

These guys are the fans immediate connection to the franchise, having poor broadcasters hurts the overall marketability of things and God knows this franchise needs all the help they can get.

Yet nothing changes. Save for bad baseball.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

YES! This was at the top of my list of concerns going into the offseason ever since the station change rumors began. Since the on-field product is hopeless, at least listening to someone describe the color of that particular day's s*** on the field will be a good time. Very relieved.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
Love listening to them. Glad they're back.

Yes. They have figured out their chemistry. The first while they were really awkward, and Farmer had no idea how to take DJ. Now they get each other.

Granted I wouldn't be upset if Farmer were replaced, but it is much better than it was.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Average age of Hawk, Stone, Farmio, DJ and Bill Melton (CSN shows) is nearly 66

Hard to see how this is a winning strategy to cultivate younger fans.

How old is Chuck Garfien, or does that ruin your stat? The age of the announcer is irrelevant. I like older guys, I like younger guys. I think some older guys suck, and I think some younger guys suck.