White Sox peripherally make news for Cub Hating

caulfield12

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
Not sure if I agree, I don't think everyone expects Mets fans to support the Yankees when they're on a playoff run.

With the exception of 2011 after 9/11 against the DBacks in the World Series.

At least being more "respectful" or not openly rooting against them...it would have been an interesting poll to see how many Mets' fans were secretl hoping for the Yankees to lose despite everything the city went through that fall.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Where was all of this One City bulls*** 10 years ago? Cub fans have the most gigantic inferiority complex of any sport out there. Somehow if you aren't rooting for them you are an orphan kicking puppy killing communist listening to nickleback. Get over it.

Ive never had so many Cubs fans ask me why I just cant be happy for them as I have in the last couple weeks. Not a single one wanted the Sox to win the World Series, not a single one.

Sure, let's just cheer for the Cubs .... NOT!

If the Blackhawks are out of it I should just cheer for the Red Wings to win since they are the closest team, and hey, it's the Midwest! Got to support the Midwest.

If Michigan State can't win, I'll cheer for Michigan, because, hey, same state!

If the Packers can't win, I should cheer for the Bears because I am from Chicago and hey, support Chicago!

Screw that. I am a fan of my teams. And I hate the rivals. Sports are entertainment to get away from real life problems. My entertainment value is cheering against teams I hate if I don't have my team in it.

If the Sox were still in it, I wouldn't care less how the Cubs do.

Go Cardinals. And to be honest, after that? Maybe the Mets in the NL. No Chicago. No LA.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Sure, let's just cheer for the Cubs .... NOT!

If the Blackhawks are out of it I should just cheer for the Red Wings to win since they are the closest team, and hey, it's the Midwest! Got to support the Midwest.

If Michigan State can't win, I'll cheer for Michigan, because, hey, same state!

If the Packers can't win, I should cheer for the Bears because I am from Chicago and hey, support Chicago!

Screw that. I am a fan of my teams. And I hate the rivals. Sports are entertainment to get away from real life problems. My entertainment value is cheering against teams I hate if I don't have my team in it.

If the Sox were still in it, I wouldn't care less how the Cubs do.

Go Cardinals. And to be honest, after that? Maybe the Mets in the NL. No Chicago. No LA.

Also, yes, to answer future posts. Those are my teams. And I stick by them.

I'm not rooting for the Cubs, not really rooting for any team this playoffs, but I don't get some of the active rooting for the team that is playing the Cubs or actively rooting against them.

I have some family(some of them are getting up there in age) and friends who are Cub fans and I know this would be awesome for them to see the Cubs win it.

Sure there will be a lot of annoying fans if they win it, but I know it would be really nice to see longtime fans be happy.

Also, f*** that bar. Here is another pleasant story about them.

McNally's Cuts Band Off Due to 'Too Many Black People,' Musician Says

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
I'm not rooting for the Cubs, not really rooting for any team this playoffs, but I don't get some of the active rooting for the team that is playing the Cubs or actively rooting against them.

I have some family(some of them are getting up there in age) and friends who are Cub fans and I know this would be awesome for them to see the Cubs win it.

Sure there will be a lot of annoying fans if they win it, but I know it would be really nice to see longtime fans be happy.

Agree with all of this. I just treat it like its another MLB game that doesn't feature the Sox.

You can't win with cub fans though. If a Sox fan roots against the cubs, the Sox fan is a "cubs hater" but if the Sox fans were to actually root for the cubs, *barf*, then the Sox fan is a wagon jumper. In the end I am a Sox fan first and foremost, period!

In my life, any time the Sox made the playoffs the cub fans I know cheered against the Sox, its to be expected so why should anything be different now that the cubs made the playoffs? Hell, I went out and bought a Miggy Marlins jersey after they knocked the cubs out of the playoffs and then wore it to bars with a Sox hat on. Pissed off ALOT of cub fans. :lol:

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
You can't win with cub fans though. If a Sox fan roots against the cubs, the Sox fan is a "cubs hater" but if the Sox fans were to actually root for the cubs, *barf*, then the Sox fan is a wagon jumper. In the end I am a Sox fan first and foremost, period!

In my life, any time the Sox made the playoffs the cub fans I know cheered against the Sox, its to be expected so why should anything be different now that the cubs made the playoffs? Hell, I went out and bought a Miggy Marlins jersey after they knocked the cubs out of the playoffs and then wore it to bars with a Sox hat on. Pissed off ALOT of cub fans. :lol:

Whatever happened to that guy?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)

I wouldn't expect much out of a Western bar but that story was such bs.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
The only thing more annoying then cubs fans are the sox fans who feel the need to lecture you on why you shouldn't root for the cubs to lose. Just kidding, they aren't more annoying, but annoying nonetheless.

Don't let the Cubs patrol read that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Sounds like a bust

Yep, horrible career he's had.

Oh well. Going food shopping this afternoon and yes, I'm wearing my Sox hat as I do 365 days a year. Does that make me a Sox fan or cub hater? :P

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 07:58 AM)
I think it's kind of funny, but it reinforces the idea that Sox fans are more concerned with the Cubs than their own team. I'd be against any Cub-centric marketing campaign by the Sox. Just get better.

100% with you. I'm not a Sox fan because I need an outlet for my Cubs hate. It's not even the team I don't like--I don't like their bro fans.

But this is soooooo stupid.

Back in '05 I got a letter published in the Sun-Times talking about how it's lonely to be a northsider when the Sox are in the playoffs. On that same page was some loser Cub talking about how he would never, ever support the Sox' run no matter what and he didn't care if they were a Chicago team.

Whatever.

We don't have any reason to talk--they made the moves, spent the money, and now look at them. Sure they had to go through a couple of losing years to rebuild but do you think anybody cares about that now? We've been putting the same so-so thing out for almost a decade. We should be EMULATING them, not hoping for them to lose.

So yeah I support them. I'm not watching the games and I'm never ever switching teams but cmon.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Yep, horrible career he's had.

Oh well. Going food shopping this afternoon and yes, I'm wearing my Sox hat as I do 365 days a year. Does that make me a Sox fan or cub hater? :P

Hopefully both. These Sox fan Cubs sympathizers are sickening. It's OK to dislike a team. Grow a pair. Cubs fans who hate the Sox? Who cares? And if some Cubs fan is bothered by my hatred, more power to me. My sister is a Cubs fan. She knows I hate them and isn't bothered by it at all.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
100% with you. I'm not a Sox fan because I need an outlet for my Cubs hate. It's not even the team I don't like--I don't like their bro fans.

But this is soooooo stupid.

Back in '05 I got a letter published in the Sun-Times talking about how it's lonely to be a northsider when the Sox are in the playoffs. On that same page was some loser Cub talking about how he would never, ever support the Sox' run no matter what and he didn't care if they were a Chicago team.

Whatever.

We don't have any reason to talk--they made the moves, spent the money, and now look at them. Sure they had to go through a couple of losing years to rebuild but do you think anybody cares about that now? We've been putting the same so-so thing out for almost a decade. We should be EMULATING them, not hoping for them to lose.

So yeah I support them. I'm not watching the games and I'm never ever switching teams but cmon.

excellent point and i was thinking on, at least for me on the like and dislike of the chi baseball teams.

i was always a sox fan, the only one in my immediate family.. now in my neighborhood, it was the , ugh i am going to be nice. cubs fans in the neighborhood that started the cubs or sox. but not both.

now the whole group of people preferring one team over the other. i think it is the news, the sports that had major direct hand of feeding this dislike.

Well it's fun to hate them during the crosstown (and their fans) and God help us if there were ever a World Series between us but with us out of it, I don't know what hoping for them to fail achieves.

Look at one thing: if they do win it all this year, at least people will finally SHUT UP about it already, being 100 years+. For that alone I totally support them winning. So their fans will STFU, LOL.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Well it's fun to hate them during the crosstown (and their fans) and God help us if there were ever a World Series between us but with us out of it, I don't know what hoping for them to fail achieves.

Look at one thing: if they do win it all this year, at least people will finally SHUT UP about it already, being 100 years+. For that alone I totally support them winning. So their fans will STFU, LOL.

You think them winning will shut them up? LOL!

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)

"Shut up" isn't in a Cub fan's vocabulary. Winning will make them louder.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
Hopefully both. These Sox fan Cubs sympathizers are sickening. It's OK to dislike a team. Grow a pair. Cubs fans who hate the Sox? Who cares? And if some Cubs fan is bothered by my hatred, more power to me. My sister is a Cubs fan. She knows I hate them and isn't bothered by it at all.

As a baseball fan, I respect my friends that like the Cubs and hate the Sox more than I do my friends that liked the Cubs but rooted for Sox during World Series because of Chicago.