Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 02:29 AM)
I think you're right. 13/14 is probably closer to what can be expected from Cespedes going forward. A few days ago I mentioned Cespedes could be the player we've seen have a career year just before FA and regress with his new contract. Cespedes is looking to get paid based on his career year but how many think he will continue to perform at that level for the length of the contract? Not me.

not to be a stickler but i think many baseball org guys think that way.

then i don't get Wash deal then???? i am not ashamed to say i am lost now.

nice one.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 02:34 AM)
It only takes one team to be convinced what he did last year was the truth.

i am being honest, i don't get it. i have never been high on him, i never thought the sox will get him, i am ready to come back on this thread, if the sox did sign him for me to eat some over cook crow.

but i do not think he is the right guy for the sox.

on the other hand i have wanted jackson, murph, francoeur for a short salary in yrs until J May can come around. but that signing will also help out in a SP kind of a signing for a second position help.

just me.

Edited by LDF

For my part, I hope that they don't sign him, unless it's the kind of deal, which I have been advocating. If a team wants to guarantee him big money, for several years, they can have him. The Sox may not be able to fill their perceived holes, but that is a separate issue.

This guy is not the answer, unless his deal is one which will keep him focused and motivated.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
not to be a stickler but i think many baseball org guys think that way.

then i don't get Wash deal then???? i am not ashamed to say i am lost now.

nice one.

The Nat's could sign Cespedes for LF, platoon Ravere/Taylor in CF with Harper in RF and use Werth in a bench role since he's pretty much un-tradable anyway due to his salary, age and poor performance. Werth could still get some playing time against LHP too. They could make it work. Don't forget, were talking about the NL so bench players get used more due to pinch hitting for pitchers. It actually makes sense for the Nat's really.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 02:46 AM)
The Nat's could sign Cespedes for LF, platoon Ravere/Taylor in CF with Harper in RF and use Werth in a bench role since he's pretty much un-tradable anyway due to his salary, age and poor performance. Werth could still get some playing time against LHP too. They could make it work. Don't forget, were talking about the NL so bench players get used more due to pinch hitting for pitchers. It actually makes sense for the Nat's really.

a really good POV. never thought of it that way.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)

That's true.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
i am being honest, i don't get it. i have never been high on him, i never thought the sox will get him, i am ready to come back on this thread, if the sox did sign him for me to eat some over cook crow.

but i do not think he is the right guy for the sox.

on the other hand i have wanted jackson, murph, francoeur for a short salary in yrs until J May can come around. but that signing will also help out in a SP kind of a signing for a second position help.

just me.

How much time in AAA does May need before he comes up to help the big league ball club?

QUOTE (BigFinn @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
How much time in AAA does May need before he comes up to help the big league ball club?

As long as it takes for him to figure out how to hit cause he can barely do it at AA now. If we're counting on Jacob May to help the team this year we are not going far.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:19 AM)
As long as it takes for him to figure out how to hit cause he can barely do it at AA now. If we're counting on Jacob May to help the team this year we are not going far.

Yeah he's a backup outfielder at best right now. Big year coming up for him.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)

Lol ya. I'm more intrigued with Engel than May. Hope Engel continues to develop.

I think this Nats crap is all BS. If they really offered 5/105, it'd be locked up. It's Sox or Metropolitans, and Cespedes isn't a long-term NL guy and he knows it.

Sox will lock up this clown before Monday at about 4/85 with a 5th year team option + buyout.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
I think this Nats crap is all BS. If they really offered 5/105, it'd be locked up. It's Sox or Metropolitans, and Cespedes isn't a long-term NL guy and he knows it.

Sox will lock up this clown before Monday at about 4/85 with a 5th year team option + buyout.

I doubt the sox go 5 years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Watch it be a mystery team like the Mariners.

Ha, that would be super s***ty for that franchise. Let's say it's 5/115, that'd be $1M a year less than they're paying Cano, so they'd basically be doubling the Cano deal for the next 5 years to add Cespedes. 2019/20 would be spectacularly sad seasons.