Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
agreed, much more likely that they lose a year rather than the dollars. I think the dollars are pretty much agreed upon/ballpark, it's the add-on clauses for opt-outs and no-trades that are dragging the process out for any of the big 3 outfielders.

Why would gordon want them clauses

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
I'd be shocked if Gordon isn't trying for a no trade clause. Not an opt-out clause at his age, but definitely a no trade clause. Reportedly he doesn't want to move his family too far from the Midwest.

I bet hes wants go back to royals and no where else.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
Why would gordon want them clauses

Why would anyone want a no-trade clause? Provides them control/stability. Given that Gordon has played his entire career with one team and has strong ties to the Midwest, it wouldn't be that surprising if he wanted some security with his new team.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)

Dude, its monday. Just stop already

they said they offer him contract.

no, some random twitter account said that. No official statement has been made that said that

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
they said they offer him contract.

And they might have. He might be going over it.

Just cause it's offered doesn't mean it's signed.

Rabbit and Bucket have good sources. I assume you'd rather they not give us details?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
I don't see the prices dropping that much. I still think Gordon gets at least $18M/per, with Cespedes & Upton in the $20M to $22M range. The benefit should hopefully come on the contract length side. My guess is each guy gets a year less than they were originally hoping for, with Upton getting 6 years, Cespedes getting 5, & Gordon getting 4.

Unless these teams are bidding against themselves, I don't see how the prices of these guys don't drop from $20+ to upper teens. I agree with the years that you're predicting.

Good grief some people are like kids that cannot wait to open gifts at XMas. Rumors are fun to discuss but should not be taken literally until something more concrete comes forth. Why not just enjoy the discussion while we wait to see what unfolds instead of whining?

Hi8is, fwiw, you are cracking me up over here. Good job! Poop. :lolhitting

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Maybe I am wrong too.

I think you need a lesson on how internet rumors/sources work.

1) Things always get lost in translation, one person saying "offer" may really just mean an informal amount of money being talked about.

2) Changes occur all the time, at the time of one's "report", they may have been 100% accurate, but since that time things may be completely different. Gordon could have an offer and then Upton's party decides to play with the Sox, that may change the conversations with Gordon.

Let it ride out, don't fret until something official comes out. Enjoy the information we get as it speaks more to the process than to the actual results (hint: it shows what the Sox favor and want to do but it doesn't mean it will come to fruition).