Rockies Trade Dickerson to Rays

Sockin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
Not much given up for Dickerson. Wish that would have been the Sox getting him.

Its always alot if multiple pitchers are involed for a position player.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)
Okay...so you give Parra that money. Dickerson is a better player than Parra and you could have found another reliever for a lot less. This juts totally baffles me (unless they are getting a pretty darn good prospect as well). Over past 2 years, Parra has put up a collective WAR of

Always beware when a team is willing to trade a player coming off an injury.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Always beware when a team is willing to trade a player coming off an injury.

That has to be it. That is literally the only thing that makes sense coming out of this trade and everything they have done. I wonder if he even passes the physical.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
The Sox couldn't beat that offer? Seriously?

What the hell is Hahn doing?

No, Fathom, I'm not melting down. I'm just genuinely baffled as to why Hahn has done absolutely NOTHING to fix the OF problem the Sox have.

Sox simply have no resources to trade that aren't important members of the team this year or next.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
The Sox couldn't beat that offer? Seriously?

What the hell is Hahn doing?

No, Fathom, I'm not melting down. I'm just genuinely baffled as to why Hahn has done absolutely NOTHING to fix the OF problem the Sox have.

Do you remember how difficult of a time Gillaspie had with plantar fasciitis? It's even more risky for an outfielder and likely why the Rockies signed Parra and traded Dickerson.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
Quentin had a rough time with it as well.

Good call, I forgot about Quentin.

If the Sox had the DH spot open to rotate the outfielders then it would make more sense for the Sox to take that chance, but they don't. I would imagine this is what the Rays will do with Dickerson.

Dickerson, 26, was on the disabled list three times last year, twice with plantar fasciitis in his left foot and once for a broken rib. His foot is healed now. Dickerson became expendable when the Rockies recently signed veteran outfielder Gerardo Parra, giving the club four left-handed hitting outfielders capable of starting.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_294455...dickerson-tampa

Wow, makes you wonder if we could have offered something like Petricka and Guerrero and gotten Dickerson already. The FO better having something up their sleeves because all of this sitting on their hands while the OF market passes them by isn't go to get this team to the playoffs. You would have thought if nothing else Detroit getting Upton would have lit a fire under them...makes you wonder if Hahn is handcuffed with the payroll as it is? Just very frustrating.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
That has to be it. That is literally the only thing that makes sense coming out of this trade and everything they have done. I wonder if he even passes the physical.

It not always the injury is still lingering. It can be attributes that make him predisposed to further injury.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Wow, makes you wonder if we could have offered something like Petricka and Guerrero and gotten Dickerson already. The FO better having something up their sleeves because all of this sitting on their hands while the OF market passes them by isn't go to get this team to the playoffs. You would have thought if nothing else Detroit getting Upton would have lit a fire under them...makes you wonder if Hahn is handcuffed with the payroll as it is? Just very frustrating.

I think McGee is beloved by MLB teams more than fans think. I know Levine said last week the Cubs thought of him as their potential closer of the future.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
How many OF/DH does Tampa need? Loney, Morrison, Jennings, Kiermaier, Souza Jr, and now Dickerson. Plus it sounds like Brad Miller will see some time in the OF (depending on what else they do at short).

Jennings possible trade chip. Lots of teams linked to him already.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
They didn't have a closer. Do now

Yeah, but they're not gonna win anything. Why trade a good piece like Dickerson for something you have no need for ATM? There's gotta be a subsequent deal to this.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
Yeah, but they're not gonna win anything. Why trade a good piece like Dickerson for something you have no need for ATM? There's gotta be a subsequent deal to this.

Rosenthal mentioned the Rays will save 4M because of this trade so maybe the Rockies took McGee and his salary to get better pitcher prospects for Dickerson.

Hard to judge this trade without knowing the rest of the package the Rockies are getting.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
Rosenthal mentioned the Rays will save 4M because of this trade so maybe the Rockies took McGee and his salary to get better pitcher prospects for Dickerson.

Hard to judge this trade without knowing the rest of the package the Rockies are getting.

Rockies got German Marquez, nothing special

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
Rockies got German Marquez, nothing special

#25 on Rays prospect list. Agreed, nothing special.

I think the return the Rockies got just goes to show the limited value Dickerson has due to the plantar fasciitis.