2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
The best thing that could happen to the Bears if for them to absolutely bomb this season and be helped along the rebuilding with much higher picks all of he way through the draft.

Yep. They need to get the #1 QB out of the draft this year at the very least. They need to get as many picks as they possibly can.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I clicked on this story on yahoo ranking the top 10 qbs of all time. It's preposterous to me that Troy Aikman is in the top 10. http://newarena.com/nfl/counting-down-the-..._content=aikman His TD/INT ratio is way worse than Jay Cutler's, which is almost unfathomable. And that's with a HOF WR, HOF RB, And the best line in football for most of his career.

Aikman http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

Cutler http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
Hey Jay.. Hoyer is taking your QB position.

I'm usually not one to fall in love for back ups but geez. Hoyer is so much more accurate, spreads the ball around, and managers the game better right now. He's not a world beater and he's not careless.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
Jimmy Johnson putting nails in Cutler's coffin with the Bears sitting at 7 points in the first half. Seems about right.

Jimmy Johnson is an old fool. Cutler may be back before the year is over.

Hoyer definitely does a better job reading defenses. I don't find him very accurate but he knows how to read a defense and make quicker decisions and avoid the rush much better than jay. Jay is more talented but we know what he is and while he will make more big plays and more things from nothing he will also make mistakes (Hoyer does too just not as frequently as jay)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
Hoyer definitely does a better job reading defenses. I don't find him very accurate but he knows how to read a defense and make quicker decisions and avoid the rush much better than jay. Jay is more talented but we know what he is and while he will make more big plays and more things from nothing he will also make mistakes (Hoyer does too just not as frequently as jay)

You must not have ever watched Hoyer after like week 9. He's a much different QB in the 2nd half of seasons for whatever reason. Do you remember how awful he was in the playoffs for Houston? Brian Hoyer is a solid backup QB that played pretty well yesterday