2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please bear in mind that the Lions are an awful team. Equally as bad as the Bears currently are, or worse. This is vintage Detroit, as we've always known them, before they got Megatron, Stafford, and a defensive line, and started flirting with the idea of going to the playoffs.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Please bear in mind that the Lions are an awful team. Equally as bad as the Bears currently are, or worse. This is vintage Detroit, as we've always known them, before they got Megatron, Stafford, and a defensive line, and started flirting with the idea of going to the playoffs.

I understand this, I'm just taking small satisfaction in some of the younger players having good games, and the defense playing well. The Lions may be a shell of themselves but they have had two games this season where they put up 35+.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 06:08 AM)
You must not have ever watched Hoyer after like week 9. He's a much different QB in the 2nd half of seasons for whatever reason. Do you remember how awful he was in the playoffs for Houston? Brian Hoyer is a solid backup QB that played pretty well yesterday

I actually didn't think he played that great. Look, Jay is what he is, a mediocre starting QB and Hoyer is a more pedestrian QB (a great back-up and a subpar starter), who does have a winning overall record, despite playing for some very mediocre teams (albeit last year, Texans defense certainly helped him). I just don't care much anymore. By the way, in my posts, I never said Hoyer was better, I just said he does certain things better then Jay. Bottom line, neither are the future of this franchise and unfortunately we didn't draft a QB early (I think we'd be in much better shape had we took Paxton Lynch instead of Floyd, but I think I was about the only pro take a QB in the 1st round guy on this entire site). I said we had to start the rebuild and you had to find a QB and Lynch had a lot of tools (and while it is just one game, he didn't look too bad yesterday for Denver).

That said, thus far this season, if you asked me who has played better, I'd say Hoyer, but neither have been very good. We aren't getting much points and we are shooting ourselves in the foot a ton.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 06:39 AM)
I understand this, I'm just taking small satisfaction in some of the younger players having good games, and the defense playing well. The Lions may be a shell of themselves but they have had two games this season where they put up 35+.

Their offense was ranked like 4th in the league, so the defensive performance is something to give credit for. That said, Stafford played really lousy. Our pass rush was still pretty weak (albeit we did actually get some sacks, but still a ton of plays where he had ample time). Oline made major steps forward (despite more dumb penalties out of them). Howard looks like a legit player.

Not good that White is hurt again. Getting an MRI today.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
When did Minnesota's D turn into the Seahawks? They look amazing out there. And Beckham Jr. once again being a baby out there.

Yea I liked Odell but he's been becoming too much of a Diva this year. I understand emotion but he's been having stupid penalties and is whining about everything even when he commits the foul. He needs to relax.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
When did Minnesota's D turn into the Seahawks? They look amazing out there. And Beckham Jr. once again being a baby out there.

It really seems like the "Must have an elite QB" era is kind of disappearing all of a sudden. Sure, it helps, but look at what the Broncos are doing and now the Vikings. Russel Wilson was great for the Seahawks, but the defense carried that team. Not sure what has changed, it still seems like some of the rules and penalties really favor offenses.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
#Bears players expect the ankle injury suffered by #Bears WR Kevin White to keep him out an extended period of time, I'm told. More bad news

@rapsheet

This is going to be a common theme with him throughout his career it seems.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
#Bears players expect the ankle injury suffered by #Bears WR Kevin White to keep him out an extended period of time, I'm told. More bad news

@rapsheet

The Bears are going to win just enough games this season to screw up their draft pick. I am convinced of it.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
This is going to be a common theme with him throughout his career it seems.

Meh. I don't really believe in the term injury prone. He overtrained and needed shin surgery. He got hit in the ankle while playing a violent, dangerous game and most likely has a high ankle sprain. We'll see him in the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
The Bears are going to win just enough games this season to screw up their draft pick. I am convinced of it.

For sure. They aren't THAT bad compared to the worst teams, and they don't have the toughest schedule. They could easily be 3-3 before Minnesota comes to town and spanks them on national TV.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
For sure. They aren't THAT bad compared to the worst teams, and they don't have the toughest schedule. They could easily be 3-3 before Minnesota comes to town and spanks them on national TV.

The probably rank about mediocre. 6 to 7 wins sounds about right, but they have had awful injury luck, which could pull that number back down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
Hes made of glass

He never had any injury concerns in college either. Just a rough sport. Bears are missing their starting QB, RB, WR2, CB1, NT, #1 Pass Rusher, Starting ILB, C, and #3 Pass Rusher. It's just ridiculous.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
He never had any injury concerns in college either. Just a rough sport. Bears are missing their starting QB, RB, WR2, CB1, NT, #1 Pass Rusher, Starting ILB, C, and #3 Pass Rusher. It's just ridiculous.

One more major injury and I would agree, but I think he still gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt.