2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Kizer is the top QB and many draft analysts agree. Matt Miller among others are already talking about Kizer as the #1 pick.

And I completely disagree. Long way to the draft, and he's got a very small resume. Watson is head and shoulders better to me.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm not smart enough to know who will project out to be the best pro QB (they may all stink), I just hope we find and take the right guy.

So hard to project even for them. The Browns should be firing their scouts that thought Wentz sucked.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm not smart enough to know who will project out to be the best pro QB (they may all stink), I just hope we find and take the right guy.

I've learned to not even try to project college QBs. It feels like the one position where performance on the field in college means nothing at the next level.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 06:40 AM)
Belichick is a genius. But still a pretty piss poor performance from the Texans

Brock is just not good.

Since I'm a Brady guy, as long as the Bears blow, I don't mind NE being great. We need heels in sports.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Last Year in 13 games Andy Dalton threw for 3200 yards with 28 total touchdowns and 7 Ints, 2 fumbles.

Last year in 15 games, in Jay Cutlers best regarded year as a Bear, he threw for 3600 yards, 22 total Tds, 11 interceptions and 5 fumbles lost

Alex Smith, 16 games 3500 yards, 22 total TDs, 7 ints, 0 fumbles lost.

Matt Ryan has taken a beating, but even last year as everyone decided he's not very good, he threw for 4,600 yards, 21 touchdowns and 16 ints, with 5 fumbles lost (12 fumbles!).

Stafford in 16 games threw for 4,200 yards, 32 touchdowns, 13 INTs and 2 fumbles

Everyone pretty much does see more attempts per game, which would account for the gross yardage almost always being in favor of other QBs, but it may also be that they are trusted with a more passing offense and don't kill drives as often.

If you put those QBs ahead of him (which I would), he is in the bottom 10 in the league. Flacco is the one QB I would say is most often like Jay Cutler.

You are scouting a stat line though and it's very subjective. I'd rather have him than those players. Cutler was basically the reason why the Bears even had 6 wins last year. I will agree that he'd be basically lumped in with those guys if we were doing like "categories" of QB's. I'm fine with moving on too. I just understand why teams settle for someone functional.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
You are scouting a stat line though and it's very subjective. I'd rather have him than those players. Cutler was basically the reason why the Bears even had 6 wins last year. I will agree that he'd be basically lumped in with those guys if we were doing like "categories" of QB's. I'm fine with moving on too. I just understand why teams settle for someone functional.

I would rather have any of those other QBs.